Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

It's pretty much like the 16/17 league season: we play well, create chances but fail to score and concede from the first opportunity. Shit happens. The seasons after the 16/17 were fantastic though. Pep knows what is needed.

We had like 25 chances and still did not win, how is this even possible, even klopp said we have'unt played a bad game this season. The gods are against us this season.

It's pretty much like the 16/17 league season: we play well, create chances but fail to score and concede from the first opportunity. Shit happens. The seasons after the 16/17 were fantastic though. Pep knows what is needed.

I get your point but towards the end of that season we were really starting to look the part. Sané was getting better and better Sterling was flying on the right and Jesus looked like he’d become a great striker. Now going into next season we look very unbalanced.

One of those games, and we've had a few similar this season, where we provide all the football, all the creativity, all the entertainment, and get ne'er a scrap of luck, a bounce of ball, nor an ever so slight rub of the green. And another defensive mistake with no pressure on anybody and we concede! I had a tweet posted to me that said in losing 1-0 we had as many shots on goal as Leicester had when they beat Southampton 9-0!

And, by the way, Bernardo, who didn't have a game to write home about, was fouled in the area! Why didn't VAR have a sniff?

One of those games, and we've had a few similar this season, where we provide all the football, all the creativity, all the entertainment, and get ne'er a scrap of luck, a bounce of ball, nor an ever so slight rub of the green. And another defensive mistake with no pressure on anybody and we concede! I had a tweet posted to me that said in losing 1-0 we had as many shots on goal as Leicester had when they beat Southampton 9-0!

And, by the way, Bernardo, who didn't have a game to write home about, was fouled in the area! Why didn't VAR have a sniff?
I knew as soon as they scored that was it. Sadly 50 years as a city fan you can see the signs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.