UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever CAS decide will likely be fair however, the decision will be technically one man's, there's 3 judges, one picked by City, one by UEFA and one both parties agreed to have.

It's this guy who holds all the power in this case. I suppose both sides will have to trust him & assume he's not been 'bought'.
All 3 are judges, the UEFA pick is no more on UEFAs side than Citys pick is on ours. Although the third guy can decide if the other 2 are split I should think it's very rare that that is needed.

Here’s my grassy knoll theory...

Has anyone got someone working for them (or at their place of work) who they really want to get rid of, but no matter what they can think of it just won’t work as it seems they’re Teflon coated??

Step forward Mr Leterme...is it beyond the realms of possibility (granted that they are micron thin) that the head of the AC (after being pissed off with him after the PSG debacle) and Ceferin have created this situation by using us as the means to get rid of him. I know it would seem like an extraordinary way to do it, but it would certainly have the desired effect...

On another note, I am still quietly confident that we will have our appeal upheld and really hope that in the time between the case being concluded and it being announced to the world, we have been greasing our big guns to annihilate any reporter or publication that hints at a sniff of us “getting away with it” or any other inflammatory comments to that effect...they should be put on notice...we have been quiet in that field too long...

All 3 are judges, the UEFA pick is no more on UEFAs side than Citys pick is on ours. Although the third guy can decide if the other 2 are split I should think it's very rare that that is needed.
I'd imagine that picking our own man as a judge is done on the basis of him certainly being likely to favour us & UEFA's pick being the same although perhaps it's just me being somewhat sceptical.

At the end of the day just around a week to go before bluemoon explodes whatever the outcome.

Here’s my grassy knoll theory...

Has anyone got someone working for them (or at their place of work) who they really want to get rid of, but no matter what they can think of it just won’t work as it seems they’re Teflon coated??

Step forward Mr Leterme...is it beyond the realms of possibility (granted that they are micron thin) that the head of the AC (after being pissed off with him after the PSG debacle) and Ceferin have created this situation by using us as the means to get rid of him. I know it would seem like an extraordinary way to do it, but it would certainly have the desired effect...

On another note, I am still quietly confident that we will have our appeal upheld and really hope that in the time between the case being concluded and it being announced to the world, we have been greasing our big guns to annihilate any reporter or publication that hints at a sniff of us “getting away with it” or any other inflammatory comments to that effect...they should be put on notice...we have been quiet in that field too long...

Is it not better to let them make the error of liable and then sue them for everything they have, using rival media to call out the agenda and racism.

Given that...

1. City said they knew UEFA would charge us and that all they ever wanted was CAS to rule on the charges and....

2. Projectriver says that once the hearing is complete the barristers know, with almost certainty, the outcome and....

3. Tolmie says that City are virtually skipping down the corridors at CFG....

Then for any of us to be confident of anything but a victory means you don’t believe one or more of the above. Interested to know which it is.

This business that CAS will look to side with UEFA because they will do anything to screw us is crazy. G14 absolutely would but if CAS find us guilty then we probably are but there isn’t much pointing to a defeat unless THD is completely mis-reading the signs of confidence in City after the hearing and I don’t think he is because if it was in the balance Pep would not be raising it every opportunity he gets whether he is asked or not.

At this point I’m looking forward to the verdict..not nervous at all.

Everyone was confident on 14th February too......

But have we? If Etihad say they're going to pay us £50m a year, they pay us £50m a year and we record it as £50m a year coming from Etihad, there's nothing particularly "creative" about that.
No , but if Etihad pay 8m and Abu Dhabi pay the rest in any name or form we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.