Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Everyone is going on about Zinchenko's mistake but even if didn't happen then we still only draw 0-0. For me, the problem is at the other end but I'm still not sure we were just unlucky, not sharp enough, not clinical enough or what. I watched so many attacks last night where I was convinced the ball was going to end up in the back of the net but it just wouldn't happen.

One thing I do know is that I'm becoming increasingly frustrated by opposition teams (particularly goalkeepers) having the games of their lives against us then meekly giving up next game.
That's cos they're playing the champions. The dippers will find it harder next season

Well after the candlepool game we were the best team in the land and were cruelly cheated of the title by a Var loving steroid enhanced hoofball banana splits managed team. A few days later and we are a bag of shite and need a complete rebuild.

Apart from the result it was a very entertaining game. Confirms we need a new striker to convert one or two of the 20+ chances we create. Jesus progress this year hasn't been enough to warrant relying on him/ Sergio next year .

Apart from the result it was a very entertaining game. Confirms we need a new striker to convert one or two of the 20+ chances we create. Jesus progress this year hasn't been enough to warrant relying on him/ Sergio next year .
We could get Aubie from Arsenal for peanuts. Best striker in the league.

I'm not saying we should do it for 90 minutes or not even every game - it would be good to see a "plan b" against these types of defenses though because we just don't have the height to do anything with crosses against what it as times 11 men behind the ball.

Here's just one example from last night:
city-southampton.png

city-southampton.PNG

Southampton have every man in their own box (this was just after Sterling's miss that went wide) + our guys makes 16 players in a very small space... but it happened a lot and has happened a lot against defensive teams this season...

It may not be the answer - I don't know, it's just a suggestion / idea because we have been frustrated by these defensive "walls" quite a bit this season and this constant pressing and pushing teams back just doesn't seem to work all the time...
Then why try to walk it in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.