Is it time to say goodbye

Well today was the day, Tia went quietly and painlessly at 12:15pm today.

The most amazing dog I could ever have wished for, so many amazing memories, and things I’ll miss every single day.
They are part of the family & its a truely heartbreaking decision to have to make, thoughts are with you blue, remember the countless good times you both had together, thats what helped me in same situation

They do seem to "know" don't they. Doesn't make it easier though and, as you say, that last look is something you never forget.
We had 2 German sheps. First one was put to sleep aged 11 after developing cancer. The second at age 7 after developing the spine condition that breed is prone to. She was still full of life but we knew she wouldn't have been able to walk within weeks (it was very progressive and the vet had already told us the timescale). That one was much worse to have to go through.
I had a rescue greyhound who developed a big lump on his knee. Took him to vet and she x rayed it and found cancer. She knocked him out again and found out he was riddled with it all over. Only 5 and ran like the wind apart from occasional limp.
Vet asked if l wanted her to wake him so l could say good bye before she put him down.
No way could l do that. So off he went without a goodbye but waking him just for me to see him was never going to happen.

Thanks everyone, never sue why I put these things onto a forum, but it’s lovely to read your comments.

I've raised a glass to her this evening, sat next to her bed having a reminisce. Such a beautiful girl.

Feel your pain mate, you did the right thing, I had to say goodbye to our sweetheart Gemma whilst on the vets table for an Op, incredibly difficult time, the pain eases and after 6 months we felt upto getting back on the merry go round, our latest Blue Roan Cocker is one today and running us ragged but she does make our hearts soar at times.

I had a rescue greyhound who developed a big lump on his knee. Took him to vet and she x rayed it and found cancer. She knocked him out again and found out he was riddled with it all over. Only 5 and ran like the wind apart from occasional limp.
Vet asked if l wanted her to wake him so l could say good bye before she put him down.
No way could l do that. So off he went without a goodbye but waking him just for me to see him was never going to happen.
That must have been awful :-(

The most amazing dog I could ever have wished for, so many amazing memories, and things I’ll miss every single day.
Feel for you mate. Dogs really are the Best and it sounds Like you had a great one.

How sad, we took our old dog to the vet as he has been a little under the weather and we left him as they did scans etc, we hadn't even got home before they rang back, cancer, the thing is you just don't see it as they age slowly before your eyes, the slower walk, the shouts of you lazy bugger come on boy and then the next day they are gone, it broke my heart and tbh it is hard enough typing this 3 years later.

Heartbreaking :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.