Will you renew?

since they started the drinks break i fully expect the game to be played in 4 quarters when it resumes next season, especially if sky/bt get their way, with adverts and all

since they started the drinks break i fully expect the game to be played in 4 quarters when it resumes next season, especially if sky/bt get their way, with adverts and all

No chance imo.

There's no way a premier league footballer needs a rest or drink after 22 minutes of any game.

They're not putting adverts on them now are they so why would it become permanent just for that reason. Very cynical bunch aren't we football fans always looking for something to potentially be annoyed about.

i think every club is going to suffer depending on the way things are with the virus, we may have reduced crowds to say 25% and build on that over the following seasons, more will sack it off than new S/T sales, the longer we have zero crowds the worse it will be when we open up,,we may be looking at 35k and struggle to sell above that but we wont be alone,,football may have to do something to get the people back like tickets at £15/£20 per game or a full S/T for £350 a season,re hook them so to speak
Bloody hell I only paid £320.00 for my S/T, I hope they don’t increase the cost by nearly 10%.

I don’t have one anymore so I can’t judge the “match day experience” for myself anymore. I’d often just go for the beer and banter by the end. A decent sesh in The Grove or The Halfway House afterwards! If I was closer then I think I would but I’ve fallen out of the habit of going now. I want to spend my money heading abroad.

No

I was already sick to death of shit K.O. times and a long commute, then came VAR and with it came the realisation that match attending fans count for fuck all. This was followed by the clamour to play games without fans and absolutely confirm we count for fuck all. The final nail was this stage managed politicising of the game with this taking a knee nonsense and BLM badges. Football is not politics and has for over 100 years provided an escape from other things in life, until now that is!

In short, watching City, good or bad was once a personal indulgence that was the exclusivity and sole preserve of those who could get off the arse every fortnight and find their way to Maine Road. Nobody who hadn't attended could offer any opinion and frankly anyone who hadn't attended didn't give a toss anyway. Players were human and were not the media hogging gobshites they are today. Games kicked off a 3pm on a Saturday and you could plan your life. What you saw was what happened and when a goal was awarded, it stayed awarded. In short, live football was affordable and accessible to the masses and those masses would dream that just maybe, it could be their year to triumph. Now we have a manufactured league where only 3 or 4 teams could win and the other 16 teams sole ambition is to avoid relegation for no other reason than avoiding financial implosion. How pathetic that we now have a sport where losing can result in financial catastrophe whilst clubs merely surviving is considered success, as their owners continue to feed their noses in the football trough.

Nailed it really there mate.

That escape for 90mins in particular is no more as you are subject to "awareness" and political correctness education constantly really fucks it up to start with.

As for Var I maintain it should be good for them game but such is the corruption in the Premier league that even when it is blatant they have used it to fiddle even more.

I personally wont pay for that experience, but equally envy those who get to go and see such a great team so different than those I followed up and down the country so many years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.