The FTSE

I keep waiting for Tesla’s price to have a correction, every day it just seems to go up.

That Nio someone mentioned a few pages back isn’t doing to shabby either.

Agree. Yes Nio does seem to be doing rather well. Although, as a poster mentioned earlier its puzzling to note whilst electric car sales & infrastructure is on the up, I'll be surprised if the traditional car manufacturers don't play a more intense catch-up with Tesla & Nio & ultimately use their economies of scale to their advantage.

Slightly off topic, has anyone looked into investing in corporate bonds & if now is a good time to dip in? I would assume there is now a greater demand for corporate debt.

Some advice from an investing nerd:

1 - Start investing ASAP. The younger the better

2 - Set a monthly budget which you will invest regardless of 'how the market is doing'

3 - If your employer offers a pension % match, make sure you're maxing it out

4 - Avoid actively managed funds (there are numerous studies indicating they rarely outperform the market - especially after considering costs)

5 - Unless you have no-clue and tons of money, avoid financial advisors (DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH or ask for help on various forums)

6 - Picking individual stocks is essentially gambling, use diversified index funds

7 - Avoid commodities, currencies (especially crypto-currencies) or anything else that has no intrinsic value (watches, wine, dutch bulbs, website domains, collectables)

8 - Ignore the market. Don't panic when your stocks drop, don't alter your investments, just continue to plod along and keep investing - selling in a crash is the real-life version of jumping off a cliff because all your friends are doing it.
My pension with the Prudential. I've told them my view on risk and then I let their traders do the work. Don't think I could do that myself. Only 6 years off retirement and the fund seems to be doing ok, even in these times. Should I be doing anything different?

Some advice from an investing nerd:

1 - Start investing ASAP. The younger the better

2 - Set a monthly budget which you will invest regardless of 'how the market is doing'

3 - If your employer offers a pension % match, make sure you're maxing it out

4 - Avoid actively managed funds (there are numerous studies indicating they rarely outperform the market - especially after considering costs)

5 - Unless you have no-clue and tons of money, avoid financial advisors (DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH or ask for help on various forums)

6 - Picking individual stocks is essentially gambling, use diversified index funds

7 - Avoid commodities, currencies (especially crypto-currencies) or anything else that has no intrinsic value (watches, wine, dutch bulbs, website domains, collectables)

8 - Ignore the market. Don't panic when your stocks drop, don't alter your investments, just continue to plod along and keep investing - selling in a crash is the real-life version of jumping off a cliff because all your friends are doing it.

Everyone should read this book:

My pension with the Prudential. I've told them my view on risk and then I let their traders do the work. Don't think I could do that myself. Only 6 years off retirement and the fund seems to be doing ok, even in these times. Should I be doing anything different?
It really isn't difficult with simple index funds, actively managed funds will seriously harm your investments over time with fees

I keep waiting for Tesla’s price to have a correction, every day it just seems to go up.

That Nio someone mentioned a few pages back isn’t doing to shabby either.
It was me who mentioned NIO, its up over 100% March and is still on the up, it jumped from $7.93 and closed at $9.38 on Thursday evening, based on the 2nd quarter sales and is expected to open on Monday over $10
its only selling cars to the Chinese Market at the min but the quality is 2nd to none, even rating higher than Tesla in the eyes of some critics
Next week will be interesting to see if the SP keeps climbing or if there will be a pull back
I'm in for the long haul so the short term I'm not to bothered about, I'm hoping in 5-10 years in might be looking at $100 per share
With the issuing of shares, the input of over $1billion by the Chinese government and the gobbling up of shares by Tencent, Goldman, Suisse Bank amongst others the time may just be right for NIO, they're selling vehicles they're manufacturing vehicles (all be being built by another company) and are not that far from turning a profit, I can only see this flying

There is also rumours of a hook up with VW and if that was to happen who knows where it could go

What's their fee?

Remembering that you can invest in really good index funds for less than 0.2%, if your fund costs around 1% for example, their fund would have to outperform the index fund by 0.81% to justify the cost.

I don't necessarily think you should be doing anything different, and please don't take my advice as gospel (do your own research - monevator is a good website to start with), but I would try and ensure you're not spending more then you have to.

When determining risk, they usually use the bond/stocks ratio. A very conservative approach would include a higher % of bonds (80% bonds 20% stocks). Vanguard have their LifeStrategy funds which cater for the differing levels of risk (and the funds are quite cheap/well diversified).

If anyone has a few quid to spare have a look at an EV (electric car) company in China called NIO, they are aiming to be a competitor to Tesla, they have just raised $400mil in a share issue and have had a $1billion investment from the Chinese government
It is high risk at the min, but the shares are trading around $7.40 mark but its likely this will increase to double figures when Junes sales are released early July

For an example Tesla started at $17 a share back in 2010 and are trading at the moment at over $1000 a share

I'm not saying this is in anyway a Tesla but if it could be half a Tesla the returns could be mint
Some big players Gold man, Jp Morgan, Bank Suisse have been buying up large amounts of this stock recently also

It's already up 50% from you writing this a few weeks ago!

It's already up 50% from you writing this a few weeks ago!
It's gone crazy again today, closed at $11.51 up from $9.38 and is climbing again after hours
I'm expecting a pull back at some point to be honest, but I'm in it long for anything between 5-10 years and still adding shares during dips, so not to bothered if it does I'll just add more
It could be by the end of this week at anything between $13-$15 who knows
There are rumours they've purchased their own factory in China and are also looking to a possible partnership with VW, if either of these rumours turn out to be true anything is possible

It's gone crazy again today, closed at $11.51 up from $9.38 and is climbing again after hours
I'm expecting a pull back at some point to be honest, but I'm in it long for anything between 5-10 years and still adding shares during dips, so not to bothered if it does I'll just add more
It could be by the end of this week at anything between $13-$15 who knows
There are rumours they've purchased their own factory in China and are also looking to a possible partnership with VW, if either of these rumours turn out to be true anything is possible

Yes it has. I’ve seen nearly 300% since Jan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.