Funniest comment you’ve heard at a City game

During the dreadful Pearce era it was yet another awful game of the worst kind of football imaginable and I overheard two guys talking behind me, one guy had brought his young son with him and the guy next to him said to the kid "we haven't seen you here before" and the Dad replied with "no, he's been naughty this week that's why I brought him!"

It gave me and several others around me a bit of a chuckle.

Blue humour. Very gallows. Love it!

From somewhere behind me in the Kippax after a particularly poor pass. "Hey Grant, are you sure your first name isn't Russel?"

Towards the end of the 17-18 season when yaya was playing his final couple of matches, might have actually been his last game, he picked up the ball deep in midfield - the position in which days gone by he'd have stormed up the field like a force of nature at surprising speed.

As we all know, by this point yaya didn't quite move in the same way. His legs didn't carry the same stride and he laboured forwards awkwardly. You could feel the memory reflex in the crowd lurch forward, then remember this is a much slower, less nimble yaya.

Then the bloke behind me shouted, mid amble forward, amidst the murmur,

"RUN LIKE THE WIND YAYA"

Makes me and my wife laugh to this day.

Towards the end of the 17-18 season when yaya was playing his final couple of matches, might have actually been his last game, he picked up the ball deep in midfield - the position in which days gone by he'd have stormed up the field like a force of nature at surprising speed.

As we all know, by this point yaya didn't quite move in the same way. His legs didn't carry the same stride and he laboured forwards awkwardly. You could feel the memory reflex in the crowd lurch forward, then remember this is a much slower, less nimble yaya.

Then the bloke behind me shouted, mid amble forward, amidst the murmur,

"RUN LIKE THE WIND YAYA"

Makes me and my wife laugh to this day.
I also renember a bloke in the crowd shouting "yaya why is it when you run with the ball you look fast but when your defending you like like you are weighed down by your wallet"!:))

Leeds 1n the 79/00 Season at Maine Road

Kippax full And open season for Goading from Each

The Kippax roared to Sheep FC

"You couldn't take the Magic Roundabout"

Then at Sheffield United away 1987?

They Belted out

"We Hate Wednesday "

To which we Chanted back

" We Hate Saturday"

Funniest line I've heard was about Sibierski ''if he was that good in the air he should have been a fucking pilot''.

The lads who sit near me like to wind me up for shouting ''don't hit it Vinny'' just as he connects with that screamer against Leicester. Based on the video of Aguero talking to Kompany at the end of that match at least I wasn't the only one!

It was one of my first matches at Maine Road in the early-1960s, the crowd felt that a visting player had handled the ball. 'Ref, fingerprint that ball!' said a voice in the crowd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.