The death of VAR

Simple rule change. "It shall not be deemed handball if there was no clear intention to gain advantage from the use of arm or hand"
Job done
.... “however a GOAL cannot be scored directly from the hand, accidentally or otherwise”

[QUOTE="CrownPointBlue, post: 12777443,]

The fact that not one PIGMOL ref was invited to the last world cup tells you everything you need to know of what the rest of the world thinks of Riley's wankers.
Isn't that a bit of a myth though? Clattered-Bent was the nominated ref but he did a runner and FIFA said they couldn't train up likely replacements in time. However the list of replacements showed the standard of refs in this country is piss poor.[/QUOTE]

You're right. It was a matter of timing.

VAR is not the problem in this case, it's the handball law as it is written this season.

It's been rewritten, but leagues haven't brought it in mid-season (which makes sense to me).

I don't think the change would have prevented Jesus's goal being ruled out. Admittedly "immediately" still leaves room for interpretation but in reality I suspect it will mean the last player to touch it before it ends up with the goal scorer. From memory no one touched it after Laporte for the Jesus goal.
For it to have been handball by Laporte, after it hit his hand (accidentally or not), he would then have to have passed the ball to Jesus or had a shot.

He did neither of those things.

For it to have been handball by Laporte, after it hit his hand (accidentally or not), he would then have to have passed the ball to Jesus or had a shot.

He did neither of those things.

The new rules would have ruled out that goal 100%. It hits his arm and goes directly to Jesus, who is 6 yards away from him and in the box.

The new amendment seems to be it can now accidentally strike a hand or arm and not be ruled out once a pass has taken place after the incident. That didn't happen here.

The Mahrez one last week is more vague, he travels about 25 yards but doesn't dribble past anyone. That will be awarded/disallowed depending on the referee. At 4 nil it will be given every time, at 0-0 I'm not sure so sure.

we all know when a player deliberately handballs ,the mahrez goal was ruled out because it brushed phils hand after he was fouled,so if they rule it out surely the first offence is the foul on foden,same as the spurs player.did either teams get a foul ?, i know we didnt

The new rules would have ruled out that goal 100%. It hits his arm and goes directly to Jesus, who is 6 yards away from him and in the box.

The new amendment seems to be it can now accidentally strike a hand or arm and not be ruled out once a pass has taken place after the incident. That didn't happen here.

The Mahrez one last week is more vague, he travels about 25 yards but doesn't dribble past anyone. That will be awarded/disallowed depending on the referee. At 4 nil it will be given every time, at 0-0 I'm not sure so sure.

I disagree. The new rules have explanatory notes which allow a dribble, and I view Jesus' as a dribble as he touched the ball several times and had to turn to get to the ball had gone.

Mahrez' and the Spurs one should all count. There is no need to dribble past anyone, just to dribble.

The new law says:
For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

It is an offence if a player:
• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
• scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
• after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:
• scores in the opponents’ goal
• creates a goal-scoring opportunity
• touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
• the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
• the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:
• directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
• directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
• if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger
• when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body

The explanatory notes are as follows:
Clarification that:
• if an attacking player accidentally touches the ball with their hand/arm and the ball then goes to another attacking player and the attacking team immediately scores, this is a handball offence;
• it is not an offence if, after an accidental handball, the ball travels some distance (pass or dribble) and/or there are several passes before the goal or goal-scoring opportunity.

'Hit' his arm is a bit strong. It barely brushed his arm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.