Joe Hart

There wasn’t a cross word but there was a cross demonstration from Pep on the touch line in the pre-season game (was it Arsenal?) when Pep was asking Joe to go short from goal kicks but Joe kept on going long and hoofing big 1980s style goal kicks up to the striker. Pep was going mad on the sideline and I don’t think we saw Joe again.
He played in the second leg of the Champions League qualifier to say goodbye.

There wasn’t a cross word but there was a cross demonstration from Pep on the touch line in the pre-season game (was it Arsenal?) when Pep was asking Joe to go short from goal kicks but Joe kept on going long and hoofing big 1980s style goal kicks up to the striker. Pep was going mad on the sideline and I don’t think we saw Joe again.
That was a big "Fuck you; I'll do what I want" from JH. After that he was toast.

One of the problems with the keeper playing it out from the back, is having the technical ability to do so. When Roger's was here he got Craig Gordon to do this and it was a heart stopping moment every fucking time. He gave the ball away many times and it caused us losing goals. If the keeper doesnt have the ability and you want to go this way, you need a keeper who can master it. Expecting keepers to be able to do this, as Roger's did, was asking for trouble. Big Joe is one of those keepers. The system changed and he was a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. Ta ra Joe.

All correct.

One of the problems with the keeper playing it out from the back, is having the technical ability to do so. When Roger's was here he got Craig Gordon to do this and it was a heart stopping moment every fucking time. He gave the ball away many times and it caused us losing goals. If the keeper doesnt have the ability and you want to go this way, you need a keeper who can master it. Expecting keepers to be able to do this, as Roger's did, was asking for trouble. Big Joe is one of those keepers. The system changed and he was a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. Ta ra Joe.
Rodgers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.