Kalidou Koulibaly

There are very few defenders in the world who are both technically good enough to play for Pep and physically capable of playing the exceptionally high line. Even fewer of them are for sale.

Laporte is the only one we have had really. Mangala had the physicality but not the technique, Otamendi the technique but not the pace.

Stones had both, but not the mentality and he's been shafted with injuries.

I think we are going to start producing our own more and more. Tosin could be perfect, Eric Garcia is going to be top class, Taylor Harwood-Bellis has all the tools.

knowing our luck we’ll spend 5 years producing the perfect Pep centre halves from our academy and then he’ll leave and we’ll get in someone who wants different types of centre halves!

There are very few defenders in the world who are both technically good enough to play for Pep and physically capable of playing the exceptionally high line. Even fewer of them are for sale.

Laporte is the only one we have had really. Mangala had the physicality but not the technique, Otamendi the technique but not the pace.

Stones had both, but not the mentality and he's been shafted with injuries.

I think we are going to start producing our own more and more. Tosin could be perfect, Eric Garcia is going to be top class, Taylor Harwood-Bellis has all the tools.

Agreed, although I don't believe Tosin will ever be good enough at the top level.

Garcia, while technically excellent, it doesn't appear likely he will be able to align that alongside any real physical presence.

Harwood-Bellis has a great chance if he continues to learn Pep's ways.

Agreed, although I don't believe Tosin will ever be good enough at the top level.

Garcia, while technically excellent, it doesn't appear likely he will be able to align that alongside any real physical presence.

still confident we will get koulibaly done mate?

Interesting your view of Tosin. What makes yoU think that?

Would be no need for Stones, and why would Stones want to stay when he is still trying to get into the England squad when he is still young enough to make a new start and establish a first team place somewhere.

Because we play over 60 games a season so he'd probably feature in at least half of those. There are often injuries and suspensions or players need a rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.