Kalidou Koulibaly

Our Central defenders have never been quick

At our best under pep we had Walker tucking across to be a 3rd cb with his insane recovery pace and Fernandinho sitting infront snubbing out the counter attacks. This worked as Sane and Sterling played most weeks and provided all the width

In the run in last year we switched to inverted wingers and Gundogan infront of the back 4

We looked very solid and barely conceded any chances

This year though, Rodri and Gundogan have provided nowhere near the amount of cover Fernandinho used to give and Walkers been tucking into midfield rather than giving cover behind the cb’s

With a DM of Rodri the system is going to have to change somehow or the cb’s will get exposed once or twice a game every game no matter who they are

Maybe the new left back will change things

Interesting your view of Tosin. What makes yoU think that?

He's a little slow on the turn and relies too much on those long legs to get him off the hook in the tackle, sometimes coming off as clumsy.

He's not up against serious pace at Blackburn and that pace only gets quicker the higher up the ladder.

Tosin will have a good career at somewhere but i don't see an opportunity to prove himself now at City, certainly with Garcia stepping up.

Hopefully he can get an chance.

Koulibaly and Alaba would be fantastic. And keep Stones.

First choice back four: Walker, Koulibaly, Laporte, Alaba.
Second choices: Cancelo, Stones, Garcia, Mendy.

And any combination depending on injuries, suspensions, etc.
My thoughts exactly. Except replace Stones with Otamendi. I just dont think Pep rates Stones, so if we could get 20-25m for him its a no brainer. Im sure the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Newcastle or Wet Spam may be prepared to take a punt. Otamendi has no monetary value so might aswell see out his contract as fourth choice. Stones just cant seem to keep himself fit.

He's a little slow on the turn and relies too much on those long legs to get him off the hook in the tackle, sometimes coming off as clumsy.

He's not up against serious pace at Blackburn and that pace only gets quicker the higher up the ladder.

Tosin will have a good career at somewhere but i don't see an opportunity to prove himself now at City, certainly with Garcia stepping up.

Hopefully he can get an chance.
Thats interesting. I had him probably slightly ahead of Garcia based on what I had seen. I was concerned at how easily Mane went past Garcia two or three times last week. I think that the biggest risk for Tosin is that he just doesn't get the opportunity. A bit like Jason Denayer who I had some time for.

I know you should n't evaluate a player after watching You tube videos, but he looks a beast and a top drawer defender. Exactly what we need, come on City make it happen.

Thats interesting. I had him probably slightly ahead of Garcia based on what I had seen. I was concerned at how easily Mane went past Garcia two or three times last week. I think that the biggest risk for Tosin is that he just doesn't get the opportunity. A bit like Jason Denayer who I had some time for.
Concerned that one of the best left wingers in the world beat our 19yr old centre back a couple times?

Not a dig at you, but I think people need to be a bit more realistic in what they expect.

Defenders make mistakes, every single one of them. Koulibaily does and will do if he joins for 70mil, the fee will be bashed on his head at the slightest missplaced pass never mind a missed tackle and it won't just be the media it will be our own fans sadly.

Concerned that one of the best left wingers in the world beat our 19yr old centre back a couple times?

Not a dig at you, but I think people need to be a bit more realistic in what they expect.

Defenders make mistakes, every single one of them. Koulibaily does and will do if he joins for 70mil, the fee will be bashed on his head at the slightest missplaced pass never mind a missed tackle and it won't just be the media it will be our own fans sadly.
No, I know. You have a point. I am probably wrong to judge him on that but Mane didn’t seem to use exceptional pace or trickery. He looks a good player, tidy on the ball, positionally astute. I guess I’m just missing those Vinnie tackles:-)

No, I know. You have a point. I am probably wrong to judge him on that but Mane didn’t seem to use exceptional pace or trickery. He looks a good player, tidy on the ball, positionally astute. I guess I’m just missing those Vinnie tackles:-)
I agree that Garcia struggled a bit and as you say it wasn't exactly amazing play by Mane he just unfortunately had the momentum on him. For a split second he looked like he dealt with it then he went down like a lead balloon and Mane carried on.

Yep, gone are the days of Vinnie and Zaba I think.

Yeah. Mané is not even in good form and probably didn‘t go all out. But Garcia is just 19. He is no De Ligt but probably got potential. 1 thing that worries me personally are his physically aspects. I don‘t see him
very strong here. Good on the ball - might be someone who can read the game good but I don‘t see him being physically strong enough unless he bulks up. His game is perfect for Barcelona in La Liga but there‘s still some ways to go for the Premier League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.