Funniest comment you’ve heard at a City game

At the Paul Lake testimonial against utd, this was when they were probably at the peak of their success and we....er...weren't shall we say. To be fair they brought a full strength team but made it known that they'd be taking off all the international players early on. Sure enough after about 15 minutes when they were already 1-0 up, pretty much all their team trooped off. A couple of minutes later City equalised which prompted the bloke in front with a totally straight face to say to his mate 'see, told you, take those 8 or 9 players out of their team and they're no better than us'

North Stand circa 1976 old chap behind me, referee Jack Taylor "get back to your butchers shop"
There was a match when Jack Taylor was miked up and he spoke to Tony Adams who was getting a breather leaning over with his hands on his knees until Jack said 'stand up you big girl'.
We could do with more like him. Rooney would be off after his second 'fuck off' in every game.

Blackburn away, Horton's City, mid 90s. We had loads of injuries, put a weak side out and got hammered.

The Blackburn supporters had one song for the entire 90 minutes, "Shearer Shearer", which was repeated by the City end but in high pitched voices. I was sat right near their supporters, many of whom failed to see the funny side, which ensured it was kept up throughout the game.

Stood on the Kippax, City had a penalty, right in front of us at the Platt Lane end. There was a bit of a delay due to players arguing about the award of the penalty and people were talking amongst themselves. Finally sorted, waiting for the ref's whistle for the kick to be taken and an acquaintance of mine, who hadn't bothered turning round to face the pitch asked 'have you ever forced your tongue up a bird's arse?'
Why does this make me laugh and it isn't funny ?

Late 50's, can't remember who we were playing but the game was studied with lots of quite nasty fouls. Dave Ewing was being lectured by the ref' after several "mistimed" tackles.
Someone shouted out "Never mind the ball Dave, just get on with the game".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.