COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a fantastic post mate, and sums up my thoughts exactly. Funny that from opposite ends of opinion we’ve now ended up somewhere in the middle.

Ha. Well, I did say I'm not quite as negative as you might've thought! My instinctive reaction will always be extreme caution. Survival instinct or sumat kicking in. I'm exceptionally emotional, I can't deny that, and any perceived threat to my family sends me into overdrive. Then I guess, like many others, the more you learn the better you can judge things. I don't mind admitting if I'm wrong about something. I think there may be one or two things I was wrong to worry about, but who can blame me? We knew fuck all.

It's worth noting as well that even some professors who are now more optimistic have also slightly changed their viewpoints too. This is also why I was so keen early on to stress that people not get frustrated with others who appeared to be doom mongers or overly negative. People get scared. I certainly did, and I still am to an extent. It's entirely normal that some take it in their stride and others are considerably more concerned. I don't think either are right or wrong, as long as those emotional responses lead to the same result - caution and respect for others in following the guidelines.

Am I correct in saying that the vast majority of care homes are run by independent companies and therefore they run it in the way they see fit. They are also responsible for their own PPE, living standards, staff etc. Can anyone confirm?

Over 90% of homes are in the independent sector and they are assessed against Care Quality Commission Standards.

The Government clearly feels it’s important to support the whole population during a pandemic otherwise it wouldn’t pay for furlough or offer business grants et .

Struggling with this one then. If the majority are privately run and I am not saying that is a bad thing then why are blaming the government for the fact that the virus is rife in their care homes. Is it because they were forced to take back ill patients and they couldn't isolate them, is it because they use staff who hadn't been trained well enough to avoid cross contamination, why in many case are the care homes themselves not to blame for not managing a situation albeit one that nobody could have envisaged. If I do something wrong in my business then it's me to blame not someone else.

Got 3 'locals' in my area and all of 'em shut early on Saturday due to fighting. Mass brawl in the road at one, gang of nutters at another and a posh scrap at the pizza and sports bar.
Where the posh cunts lobbing balsamic vinegar at each other? Either that or garlic and oregano croutons. Cant take these people anywhere.

Struggling with this one then. If the majority are privately run and I am not saying that is a bad thing then why are blaming the government for the fact that the virus is rife in their care homes. Is it because they were forced to take back ill patients and they couldn't isolate them, is it because they use staff who hadn't been trained well enough to avoid cross contamination, why in many case are the care homes themselves not to blame for not managing a situation albeit one that nobody could have envisaged. If I do something wrong in my business then it's me to blame not someone else.

It is Boris Johnson who was blaming the care homes today. The care homes should sort the PPE etc but there was a situation of market failure when the supply diminished and the costs exploded.

Habe you or your business accepted any help from the Government during this crisis?

Am I correct in saying that the vast majority of care homes are run by independent companies and therefore they run it in the way they see fit. They are also responsible for their own PPE, living standards, staff etc. Can anyone confirm?
You are correct BUT they are regulated

Last week it was 37 England hospital deaths with 5 from the day before and 11 of those 37 from the NW.

Today is worse for the NW and the day before. 7 on the day deaths from yesterday is the highest since 26 June and 5 of those 7 were from the NW.

No other area came close to adding the number of deaths the NW did today.

But I think relevant - I have noticed over past weeks the NW is the one region that rarely recrds deaths over the weekend and so tends to have the biggest catch up come Tuesday's figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.