UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you describe is typical of what we've had to put up with ever since the Sheik came to City, the volume of which has got louder with each passing year and with our increasing successes.

I posted on the 'Media' thread a couple of weeks back regarding my Geordie pal and how he's been getting fed up with the hostility from both media and other fans towards his club as the takeover up there carries forward. Over the years, I've had some decent chats with him about the impressions of City he'd acquired as the media has taken pot-shots at us since our takeover. It's not that he's been negative towards us, rather that what he's picked up from the press etc has become 'fact' in his mind.

I've explained to him (and many others, many times) that the way it works is either

(a) some media johnny mistakenly makes a statement about City which is factually incorrect (and causes us Blues to go 'Wtf is THAT about?!') or
(b) the media johnny makes the statement deliberately, knowing it is factually incorrect (which causes us Blues to go mental like Gordon Ottershaw after Barnstoneworth got beaten '8-bloody-1', with our families desperately trying to stop us smashing up the china on the mantelpiece..)

Either way, the lies about City pass into lore and everyone (especially the G14 twunts and our lovely Red chums both here in the North and in London) believes them to be gospel.

And as I've said to my Geordie friend, don't expect much in the way of positive media coverage of The Toon going forward, either..
And the hateful eight swallowed whatever liverpool told them, as well as the press hyenas.
Remember the quote from one of them (not identified).. "Enough is enough".

Even if we win, the damage is already done - we'll still be called liars, cheats and the reputation will be much of the same. People will just be coming out saying that we won purely because we could buy expensive lawyers, we bribed CAS, we got out on a technicality etc. No one is going to be queuing up cap in hand to say sorry to City for dragging the clubs name in the mud.

Absolutely this, but maybe some of the major culprits who consistently criticise and abuse the club ie the media whores might need to be very careful of what they print. I am thinking of twats like delaney , the harris twats et al.

I am hoping that they fuck up and the club goes after the set of twats big style.

Absolutely this, but maybe some of the major culprits who consistently criticise and abuse the club ie the media whores might need to be very careful of what they print. I am thinking of twats like delaney , the harris twats et al.

I am hoping that they fuck up and the club goes after the set of twats big style.
Me too, but I suspect we wont.

If we win this we should have a collective, worldwide and virtual pissup to celebrate !
SE aussie Shiraz already chambre-ing, champers in the fridge, voice exercised for a huge shout of YES, scarf ready to fly from bedroom window. (I draw the line at running naked down the road singing the blues but you never know)
We will win.
(But leaving nothing to chance, knife for hari kari at the ready too.)

Pep rocking a "Love Simone Hate Fascism" t-shirt :)

Questions about next Monday are at 9:50. Body Language? Down and a big sigh after one of his answers. But who knows if it means anything...

This afternoon's confidence score: 3/10

Ah FFS am sure he knows and it’s bad news.

although I am pretty rubbish at reading body language!

if a party wishes to establish some fact and persuade the deciding body, it must actively substantiate its allegations with convincing evidence” (e.g. CAS 2003/A/506, para. 54; CAS 2009/A/1810&1811, para. 46 and CAS 2009/A/1975, paras. 71ff).

This little titbit from 7.30 took my eye because it echoes the words of our chairman that the club wishes to be judged on facts and only on facts. I suspect he knew rather more about CAS procedure than we on here do! It makes it even more credible that the case centres on a conflict between a claim that certain emails, authentic they may be, embarrassing they certainly are but which prove absolutely nothing of relevance to the issue at stake, against City's accounts, duly audited, duly examined by UEFA's accountants examined again as part of the settlement agreement and, if necessary, supported by the documents all sets of accountants found so convincing. The facts do seem to plead overwhelmingly in City's favour!

Had a rag giving it ‘if you win it’s cos you’ve bribed CAS’

yeah that’s it mate, we didn’t bribe UEFA who are as corrupt as the day is long with multiple former senior members facing criminal charges, but we’ve bribed an impartial appeal body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.