Funniest comment you’ve heard at a City game

At Selhurst Park years ago when it was Wimbledon's home ground, me and my lads used to always get in the ground early. One of the 'in' chants was, back then, " Shit ground, shit fans; shit ground, shit fans."
Our away end had about 50/100 fans in about 30 minutes before the K.O., when one of our fans in front of us suddenly stood up with arms out, and bawled with a very course , loud voice, to the otherwise literally empty, silent, stadium, " No ground, no fans; no ground no fans!" several times.

It tickled me anyway.

"Oi, Marshall, take that wig off!" Friendly v Oldham. Marshall had an "impressive" hair cut.

Years ago I used to sit in the old North Stand. There was a bloke in there, a regular, who every time the opposition goalie took a goal kick used to shout: "Kick it, ragarse!". Went on for years, no matter who we were playing, every goal kick without fail.

Behind the goal at West Brom one night match. All sorts of inflatables being produced to loud cheers as if it was a magician pulling rabbits from a hat. Strangest to me was an inflatable frying pan complete with egg. WTF was that made for?
Then a huge lumbering Frankenstein was lifted high in the air to a spontaneous 'only two Trevor Morleys" and a second Frankenstein appeared to 'only three Trevor Morleys' . The two big clumsy things were 'fighting' like something from 'Its a Knockout'. Fans of both teams and players even the ref were laughing.
But the miserable gets of the West Midlands Police stood glaring at the crowd unable to crack a smile.
Remember it well, somebody held up an inflatable bottle of Newcastle brown to be greeted with you dirty geodrdie bastard

Shrewsbury away late 80s, City fans singing what's it like to shag a sheep. Some blue stood on a crush barrier and replied 'wet and wooly'

“You know, I reckon that Ben Haim is going to be a City legend.”

Overheard at the UEFA Cup* match against Streymur.

Little did he know he would be right...

*edit; hard to keep the name of that competition straight over the years

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.