City fans writing John Stones off too early?

Boozing....Wrong company....poor attitude.
His appearance probably is a clue... disheveled !!
Is this actually true that he’s a boozer and keeps the wrong company?

Also, like Sané, a poor attitude has not been seen at all from Stones and I don’t see what’s wrong with his appearance.

He's one of a small army of our players that's absolutely amazing when confident, but for their own reasons consistently struggle for confidence.

Mendy, Sterling, Jesus, Bernardo are currently the others. Chances are we'll have other similar players as the years go by.

Given how good they can all be, I'm willing and ready to back them and support them until the day they leave.

I think maybe the lack of confidence thing in some is a side-effect of our bizarre (in my opinion) insistence on buying 'nice guys'. We need a few gobshite bastards and hard fuckers to inspire confidence, stop heads dropping and more importantly take no shit from cünts like Jordan Henderson or bent refs. Get in their faces, refuse to accept defeat or poor decisions.

When Stones is fit - both physically and mentally - he's a very good player, especially in Pep's system.

Unfortunately that is becoming rarer and rarer.

He seems to have nagging injuries that pop up every other week. And when he's not injured, his confidence seems to be shot. He plays timid and is prone to mistakes.

I'm not going to comment on his personal life because I don't know what's going on there, and most importantly it's not my place. I'm honestly not sure what to do with him. I like Stones, and want him to succeed here. But if he can't be relied on, there's no point in keeping him around.

Boozing....Wrong company....poor attitude.
His appearance probably is a clue... disheveled !!

And this narrative begins. He may have fell onto the drink when things were bad - apparently when he missed the Spurs away game he was in court over a custody battle so the club covered for him taking Garcia and saying Garcia deserved a chance etc. But Pep would've banished anyone from training had they continued partying/drinking - the club's medical tests are extensive and it no doubt would've leaked out.

I like Stones but the attitude that he has been written off has come directly from Guardiola. How are we meant to think of John as anything but a lost cause when he never gets picked ahead of an incompetent Otamendi, a geriatric Fernandinho and a teenage García?

To be fair he may have mental health issues - to say weak as piss is a bit low.
He genuinely may not like people like Pep barking at him every game and people shouting at him.
I certainly wouldn't.

If he does have mental health issues then he shouldn’t be training or around the team - maybe a clear space for him to address that would be more beneficial in the short to mid term. Then he would have a chance to recover and come back focused and able to display his undeniable talent.

Regarding the weak as piss comments that may well refer to the fact that despite being a great size and physique for centre half he has been routinely overpowered and bossed about by opposition strikers for a long time.

He has the talent but it’s not working out for him at the moment and I’m sceptical he can turn things around.

I wouldn’t be blaming Pep’s intensity either, he’s the same with everyone, striving to help them achieve their potential.

Down to injuries. A centre half version of Sturridge. Class player when fully fit but they are not fit enough enough of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.