Kalidou Koulibaly

Yeah it's a personal preference, I will always side with younger players and giving them a chance, especially with the quality I think we've got in Garcia, Tosin and Harwood-Bellis.

Equally if we could get Koulibaly for a reasonable fee around £40m then I couldn't really argue against it, he's a brilliant player, it would still be a gamble like all players but not crippling FFP wise if it doesn't work out. My argument is if the asking price for Koulibaly or any top centre back is roughly £80m then I'd much rather stick with the young lads, as I think they'll be brilliant anyway.

Yeah, I'm all for youth development and it's why if we do sign a new RCB who's under say 27/28 I'll be quite disappointed because it's just taking years off the young lads' chance to play more. I think Koulibaly represents the best value personally, as within 1/2 years we might see all the young ones ready, and Koulibaly can still be effective and see his playtime reduced without screaming for a new club in the way say a 25 year old if a 20 year old took his minutes year on year. I hope that makes sense at least!

I also love FM, I'd like to add that in addition to being able to check a players best position (something it's not always very good at) it is also good for finding out about players you had previously never heard of. I would never base my opinion of a player on FM, but FM has certainly introduced me to players whom I can then judge based on real life.

Absolutely. To be fair to Sports Interactive, they do make their database available to clubs' scouting departments and there was a deal with the Scouting tool Prozone a few years ago. Never should a player in real life be bought based on a game, but for gaining a quick basic understanding of who they are/their experience etc to be added onto in real life, it can be useful.

Absolutely. To be fair to Sports Interactive, they do make their database available to clubs' scouting departments and there was a deal with the Scouting tool Prozone a few years ago. Never should a player in real life be bought based on a game, but for gaining a quick basic understanding of who they are/their experience etc to be added onto in real life, it can be useful.
Of course they make their database available to clubs! It's available for £20 at HMV lol

I believe SI have the largest (football) scouting network in the world. Having to scout every player from hundreds or thousands of clubs.

Of course they make their database available to clubs! It's available for £20 at HMV lol

I believe SI have the largest (football) scouting network in the world. Having to scout every player from hundreds or thousands of clubs.

The rags are suing them over use of Copyright etc with some of the logo packs made by fans of the game etc, SI responded they've never had this issue raised before yet the club have asked for free copies of the game for scouting purposes every year for ages! Fucking wankers int they

The rags are suing them over use of Copyright etc with some of the logo packs made by fans of the game etc, SI responded they've never had this issue raised before yet the club have asked for free copies of the game for scouting purposes every year for ages! Fucking wankers int they
The absolute worst

Yeah it's a personal preference, I will always side with younger players and giving them a chance, especially with the quality I think we've got in Garcia, Tosin and Harwood-Bellis.

Equally if we could get Koulibaly for a reasonable fee around £40m then I couldn't really argue against it, he's a brilliant player, it would still be a gamble like all players but not crippling FFP wise if it doesn't work out. My argument is if the asking price for Koulibaly or any top centre back is roughly £80m then I'd much rather stick with the young lads, as I think they'll be brilliant anyway.
Get what your saying but I do think we need to bring in an experienced centre half . If we would have been pipped to the title then maybe the younger players could come in and bridge the gap but we have lost 9 league games and are miles behind Liverpool which is just not good enough . I do believe Eric Garcia should have been blooded way before Christmas and I do believe even pep would say he got that one wrong . Stones and otamendi are mid table standard and nowhere near our standard so in theory we need two centre half’s to drop straight in in which case Garcia will be one of them . We need a left back aswell because mendy is just not good enough and also I think we could get tripped up by our attacking options as basically we are on bare bones up front . If kun were to get injured then we are fucked as Jesus is nowhere near the quality we require .

Yeah, I'm all for youth development and it's why if we do sign a new RCB who's under say 27/28 I'll be quite disappointed because it's just taking years off the young lads' chance to play more. I think Koulibaly represents the best value personally, as within 1/2 years we might see all the young ones ready, and Koulibaly can still be effective and see his playtime reduced without screaming for a new club in the way say a 25 year old if a 20 year old took his minutes year on year. I hope that makes sense at least!
I think you play the best player, if that upsets a 25 year old new signing and he wants to leave, then at least we'll get a decent amount of money back (e.g. Cancelo). With a 30 year old on a huge contract that's a very difficult sell as the only clubs interested are panic buyers after an immediate fix who have a lot of cash, unfortunately there's not many of them about. You'll get far more interest in Stones than Otamendi for example, purely down to age and potential.

Get what your saying but I do think we need to bring in an experienced centre half . If we would have been pipped to the title then maybe the younger players could come in and bridge the gap but we have lost 9 league games and are miles behind Liverpool which is just not good enough . I do believe Eric Garcia should have been blooded way before Christmas and I do believe even pep would say he got that one wrong . Stones and otamendi are mid table standard and nowhere near our standard so in theory we need two centre half’s to drop straight in in which case Garcia will be one of them . We need a left back aswell because mendy is just not good enough and also I think we could get tripped up by our attacking options as basically we are on bare bones up front . If kun were to get injured then we are fucked as Jesus is nowhere near the quality we require .
We're losing games in my opinion because we're trying to play everything through the middle, it's slower because there's less space so we're getting caught in possession in dangerous areas and getting punished on the counter attack.

Laporte's injury restricted us playing out to the left hand side and Sane missing and now being sold leaves us with a complete lack of natural width on either side because Sterling and Mahrez keep coming inside too. Whoever we play at RCB (Koulibaly, Garcia, Tosin, Harwood-Bellis, Stones, Fernandinho) it's all a bit of an irrelevance. A world class CB might be able to stop some of the counter attacks but as @Ezzy video showed Koulibaly vs Salah, any defender left exposed will get made to look silly pretty frequently, it's not going to stop the cause of the counter attacks against us, they're still going to happen.

We're losing games in my opinion because we're trying to play everything through the middle, it's slower because there's less space so we're getting caught in possession in dangerous areas and getting punished on the counter attack.

Laporte's injury restricted us playing out to the left hand side and Sane missing and now being sold leaves us with a complete lack of natural width on either side because Sterling and Mahrez keep coming inside too. Whoever we play at RCB (Koulibaly, Garcia, Tosin, Harwood-Bellis, Stones, Fernandinho) it's all a bit of an irrelevance. A world class CB might be able to stop some of the counter attacks but as @Ezzy video showed Koulibaly vs Salah, any defender left exposed will get made to look silly pretty frequently, it's not going to stop the cause of the counter attacks against us, they're still going to happen.
Fair point fella .

I think you play the best player, if that upsets a 25 year old new signing and he wants to leave, then at least we'll get a decent amount of money back (e.g. Cancelo). With a 30 year old on a huge contract that's a very difficult sell as the only clubs interested are panic buyers after an immediate fix who have a lot of cash, unfortunately there's not many of them about. You'll get far more interest in Stones than Otamendi for example, purely down to age and potential.

Oh definitely, I was more meaning, Koulibaly's playtime can decrease as he ages yet still be effective - like what probably would've happened with Fernandinho had bought a new DM sooner. I don't think City are overly bothered about sell on value, and if we were, I'd be pretty worried cause we do seem to be absolutely tragic sellers once they're not prospects/kids being sold in the millions a la Sancho/Brahim

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.