Shaun Goater

That was only because he scored for fun against burnley mate ffs!!! he filled his boots at turf moor & I was there for every goal :)

I know. That's why I made sure that I said i knew your quote wasnt linked it to the banners that I referenced.

I know. That's why I made sure that I said i knew your quote wasnt linked it to the banners that I referenced.
Got a bit mixed up with messages mate, no probs ;), I apologise if you got the impression I was coming across as a twat :)

Just seen a really old Blackburn Rovers programme from 1989 and their Pontins reserve team game against united and the goat is on the bench for united. Never knew he'd played for that lot at any level.

Just seen a really old Blackburn Rovers programme from 1989 and their Pontins reserve team game against united and the goat is on the bench for united. Never knew he'd played for that lot at any level.
Yeh never played first team but they brought him over (if memory serves me correct).......

He was on the BBC site and he seems to have changed or forgotten his Schmeichel v Anelka Real Madrid anecdote, and this version is even less funny than the original.

My all time favourite player and an absolute legend. Not the quickest, could be clumsy at times but he had the knack of popping up in the right place at the right time.

He gave me some of my happiest moments as a City fan in the late 90s/ early 00s with his goal against the rags and finishing off Ali's exquisite back heel to name but two.

But what stands The Goat apart for me was his attitude. I've heard him talk about this and it's also in his fine autobiography.

He wasn't always so adored and in the early days got a certain amount of abuse from the terraces. Rather than give in he looked at why other players around him were cheered rather than jeered, Dickov in particular, and realised if he could work hard for the team and the fans he would find a place in our hearts.

And he did.

Here's to you Sir Shaun.
fc241d9d17548af547f39eb457a910dc.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.