Michael Johnson - The Athletic

The Athletic gets a bit of stick on here, sometimes deserved, but that was a really good piece tbf. Such a shame that he never got to fulfill his potential. He had the world at his feet.

The Athletic gets a bit of stick on here, sometimes deserved, but that was a really good piece tbf. Such a shame that he never got to fulfill his potential. He had the world at his feet.

It's good when it resists the urge to produce clickbait. But it fails to resist too often for my liking.

On the whole I am a fan of it, we will see just how much of a fan though when it comes to renewal in a few months £30 for the year is a bit different to £60-70

It seems for us mac muppets that can't use the dodgy apps/plugins you can subscribe then immediately cancel which gives you a free 30 days trial. Was a great piece and worth signing up for. I've cancelled and will review The Athletic for a couple of weeks before giving them any money.

Really good piece and i'm glad Michael has finally felt like he is able to share how he felt and what he went through. I know everyone's thoughts are about what could have been, but it seems like MJ himself has long learnt that it wasn't that important to him and it was always just a distraction from what his real issues were. He thought football would give him what he was lacking mentally, but that's not how it works.

The worlds changed a lot in such a small amount of time, there is much more recognition than there was back then. Hopefully the younger kids who may have underlying issues feel like they are able to seek help from the right people at the right time. It would be nice if someone like Michael could come back for the PFA or maybe even City as a player liason in mental health as he seems so grounded now, but only he would know if that would be a) something he'd be intrested in and b) something that is good for him as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.