Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

A tall striker would be really useful for us when we try to cross a lot and we had games this season when we had 30-40 crosses earlier as we had no other idea to break up parked buses than try to play the percentages.

At Bayern Pep had Lewandowski and Muller and both scored bunch of headers during his time from very fine crosses from Alaba, Lahm, Robben, Ribery, Coman...
Here its very rare Jesus or Kun or Sterling arrives for a cross and scores a header. Dont even mention Mahrez who i cant ever recall making a header on the pitch lol.
They are short players compared to the tall defenders they are up against. Quite easy to defend them in the air at least.

An old veteran tall striker would be perfect for us who is happy to play the odd game but offer aerial threat and has some goals in him.
Step forward Peter Crouch if we need HG player. Where is Roque Santa Cruz these days tbw?

Next year teams will park the bus even more against us after seeing majority of our 9 losses came from this type of game, 11 men behind the ball and then punish our leaky defence with quick counters of what they dont need many, 2-3 shots against Ederson usually worth a goal at least given the quality of those chances are very good as per no defender near you to block or tackle or maybe its a 2 v 1 situation etc.
Compare this to when we need 25 shots and still cannot score as everything is blocked , crosses cannot find anyone in packed box, we shoot exactly where GK is standing or he plays game if his season.
Good post which sums up what appears to be a growing problem for us. If the intensity is a fraction below optimum we can experience difficulties setting about dismantling defences. This is noticable this extended season and poorer defending and ricks have accentuated the problem. Lets hope that next season we make the necessary tweaks that will propel us forward again. Under Pep a Crouch or Carroll up top is not likely to be on the agenda.

Why on earth did Pep take Sterling and Mahrez off? He should have hooked the two Silvas if we were ever going to get around that solid defence.
I blame Ederson for the goal. He’s always a mile off his line for no apparent reason. I think he gets bored or something, but if he’d been on his line it would have been an easy save. In fact Adams wouldn’t even have bothered shooting.

For Zinc Sakes Fuckchenko!
This is how we've gifted the league to the hoofing dippers, except for the robbery at their shitehole.
Anyways, perhaps all of our back line have already committed brainfarts, toes crossed it won't happen again.

Why on earth did Pep take Sterling and Mahrez off? He should have hooked the two Silvas if we were ever going to get around that solid defence.
I blame Ederson for the goal. He’s always a mile off his line for no apparent reason. I think he gets bored or something, but if he’d been on his line it would have been an easy save. In fact Adams wouldn’t even have bothered shooting.

Brilliant, LMFAO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.