Who can replace Leroy Sane?

True.
Had a short read on Leverkusen's forum.
While Bailey works quite well back he has lost his powerful runs upfront. He also needs space going forward and that's what we mostly don't have.
Not the right one me thinks.

Without knowing Oyarzabal too much I think he'd be a better fit and much better Pep player with great ball control - and a Spaniard ;)
As captain in San Sebastian at 23 already seems to be a good character.

For what it is worth, I don't think we need to become to Spainish players what Wolves are to Portugese players. It doesn't make a good god damn bit of difference to me if a player is Spanish, Russian, South Korean, Mexican, American, Mexican-American, you get the point. And it shouldn't to anyone else, club hierarchy especially. The right player is the right player whether he is from Bilbao or Blackpool.

Sorry to say guys, I was just watching Leroy's highlight reel. No one can replace him. He is a bit like Yaya in that regard.

He has significant weaknesses in his game, but his strengths where he is strong are all out of this world.

Composure: In the 18 yard box ( World Class - unmatched bon our squad)

Speed: We all know this. Fastest guy around. But also a smooth runner. Hard to cope with.

Shooting: He may be only 2nd to Kevin. But in some ways he might be the best. He has power, control and drive on his shots.

Free Kicks: He was on track to mastering that Ronaldo styled swerving freekick. I expect at some point this year or next. He'd be unstoppable from the freekick spot.

Crossing: He doesn't have Kev's vision or Mendy's belters. But he might have had the best touch crossing on the team. He can point lift a ball onto his teammates head.

Anyway it was depressing watching his highlights.

Frankly, If we can find a player with his Speed and shooting, that would be enough.

This is coming from someone who wasn't a great fan while he was here :(

People saying Oyarzabal should know hes not a winger at all, he is a great player but a carbon copy of david silva, not similar to sané at all.

He goes inside every time to free the wing for Sociedad's fullback. You have Bernardo and Foden to do that job already, you dont really need oyarzabal.

Also, personally, i think it would be smarter to sign a like for like. Since losing Sané, City lost tactical and strategical flexibility. Long story short, you guys set up better against counter attacks with traditional wings than with inverted ones. Also, lost the tap in combination, therefore there are more aimless crosses

The closest like for like replacement, as in left footed LW player, is Alphonso Davies (but at Bayern) and Bailey (which is why we are linked to him).

I want Braaf promoted as well, but being right footed he is more akin to Sterling.

Mikel Oyarzabal is not super quick, but not slow, average pace. But highly intelligent on the LW and very good dribbling and finishing. I saw him alot pre lockdown and he's been immense for sociedad, actually has Sane numbers (10 goals, 10 assists roughly) at pre lockdown, and 2nd on assists in La Liga (you can guess whose first).

Otherwise maybe we don't look for this player anymore and move on with how we've been adapting, with Mendy or some LB crossing wide left and just continue with that.

Alphonso Davies is clearly seen as a LB for Bayern. I’m not going dispute that he was a LW, but that is his position for now. Bailey is inconsistent. Funnily enough that makes him similar to Sane in some aspects.

Braaf is turning 18 next month. I don’t think he is ready and Pep seems to be of the belief that playing youth players at such an age burns them out quickly.

Personally I don’t see how Oyarzabal is needed with Foden being able to provide the same service on that LW.

I think there is a lack of quality LW players out there whilst there is a good selection RW targets. The issue being that we already have 3 players there.

I don’t like Zaha seems a bit of a tool but I think he could be a very good player. He’s strong and quick and has a bit of a nasty streak which is something we lack. Just wonder if he can make the step up now to more pressure etc. He struggled with that when he went to Utd. Easy to be the big fish at Palace.

I don’t like Zaha seems a bit of a tool but I think he could be a very good player. He’s strong and quick and has a bit of a nasty streak which is something we lack. Just wonder if he can make the step up now to more pressure etc. He struggled with that when he went to Utd. Easy to be the big fish at Palace.
Good player but seems to be very much a Sarf Lahndan Boi who needs to be around his fam and his mates, init.
Maybe now he's a bit older he's found himself but still seems to be limited to the M25.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.