Bluemoon Angling Thread

Will let you know how I get on. I’ve found a new day ticket stretch with potential on the tidal so will suss it out.

I know that Town stretch and I think I know the pegs you fished. We did about 3 hours on there last year whilst we waited until our cottage to be ready. The double peg. Was it sort of concrete steps in front of the pub? And the pool I seem to remember about 300-400 yards to the right throwing a lure around from a high bank.
The boat launch peg you're on about near the pub is not used for launching canoes now as they have put new launch steps in a bit further downstream. The double peg we fished is has wooden steps cut into clay banking. Best looking peg is(like I say) unfishable without cutting a peg out.

That was like reading a lovely short Mr Crabtree story. Really enjoyable. PMSL at 'early evening BBQ' and 'when James got back from the kebab shop' though. It's a wonder you have time to fish, must be always eating :-)
It's ok if you think I'm a fat bastard mate, but there was a 6 hour gap between barbi n' a kebab; )

It's ok if you think I'm a fat bastard mate, but there was a 6 hour gap between barbi n' a kebab; )
alive-the-incredible-story-of-one-shipwreck-survivor-yarpnews.jpg

Another late evening sesh tonight this time fishing the campsite stretch. An easy 25m cast across river into deeper water of a tree lined glide. A perfect stickfloat swim and I caught well last time I fished here 3 years ago. But tonight it's grandpa barbel I'm after and I can't present heavy line on a stickfloat correctly... I'm feeling lucky: )

Another late evening sesh tonight this time fishing the campsite stretch. An easy 25m cast across river into deeper water of a tree lined glide. A perfect stickfloat swim and I caught well last time I fished here 3 years ago. But tonight it's grandpa barbel I'm after and I can't present heavy line on a stickfloat correctly... I'm feeling lucky: )
How did it go Paul?
Sooo fooking jealous. Stuck inside listening to the rain lash against the window, watching Arse V Leicester.

How did it go Paul?
Sooo fooking jealous. Stuck inside listening to the rain lash against the window, watching Arse V Leicester.
Just got back mate. No proper bites. Just got settled when it started pissing down. Gf whinging like a woman cos she was getting wet so put the brolly up. Still whinging like a woman and gear getting soaked so knocked it on the head. Had two rods out and when I was picked up second rod to wind in I had a decent fish on that must have took bait before it had time to realise it was hooked.
Sat in tent now drying off. Quick brew and bed.

Always another day mate: )

Just got back mate. No proper bites. Just got settled when it started pissing down. Gf whinging like a woman cos she was getting wet so put the brolly up. Still whinging like a woman and gear getting soaked so knocked it on the head. Had two rods out and when I was picked up second rod to wind in I had a decent fish on that must have took bait before it had time to realise it was hooked.
Sat in tent now drying off. Quick brew and bed.

Always another day mate: )

Noddy.... Again

Do you need a 9 for the size of fish, the weight of fly or the length of cast?
Ha, good call, ended up using my 5 weight instead, caught some nice fish, a couple of 18"-20" Rainbow's, two Brown's and several Cut throat, beautiful couple of days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.