Micah Richards the pundit

Jesus christ invited back on in light of the BLM movement? He's been appearing on Sky and BBC all season since he fully gave up and retired from playing at the end of last! They bring him back on because City don't have that many and they do need to appear fairer and because it's obvious, he has a massive smile on every time he features and it keeps us City fans from going ballistic tuning in to see Souness, Spitty Carra and G-Nev covering our every game. We've seen Zaba, Vinny and Joe Hart on Sky this year, Lescott in the past but now he does lots more for the club like Dickov and Goater do too - but they can't come every game because they're all still active players. Micah was already a club ambassador and signed a few pundit deals for the season. I for one think he's been excellent, entertaining and it brings a smile hearing one of my all time favourites on a game day.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's brand new in the role and will get better.

The likes of Shearer or Jenas aren't saying things that are revealing or even that insightful 90% of the time. They get fed most of the little stats they give out, to support whatever basic notes they've made before the show I'd reckon. They've just been doing it years and know how to make their waffle more palatable.

I hope he does improve though, I don't want him to be the comic relief really or whatever the professional term is(there's a word for it in sports commentary that escapes me).

Last edited:
No issue with his colour at all so don’t go there.

If stating the truth and standing up against the other typical fans is not the norm on here

No issue with his colour at all so don’t go there.

If stating the truth and standing up against the other typical fans is not the norm on here

So you're not suggesting he's only got the job because he's black?

From my personal perspective there are some disgusting comments on here, very distasteful but indicative of the society we now live in.
The media want ex-players that have represented the current top clubs. Micah, Joe, Dunney, the Goat, Yaya and Dicky all feature. When United were going through their purple patch and Andy Cole, Paul Parker, Paul Ince or Louis Saha featured for Sky, BBC or BT, what was the agenda then? Absolutely nothing, other than the fact that they were ex-players.
Liverpool were represented by John Barnes for many years, even though they weren't particularly successful.
So using race now as a reason that Micah is on TV or the media just doesn't stand up to scrutiny and for a City fan to be saying it, indeed any fan, it's just wrong on so many levels.

From my personal perspective there are some disgusting comments on here, very distasteful but indicative of the society we now live in.
The media want ex-players that have represented the current top clubs. Micah, Joe, Dunney, the Goat, Yaya and Dicky all feature. When United were going through their purple patch and Andy Cole, Paul Parker, Paul Ince or Louis Saha featured for Sky, BBC or BT, what was the agenda then? Absolutely nothing, other than the fact that they were ex-players.
Liverpool were represented by John Barnes for many years, even though they weren't particularly successful.
So using race now as a reason that Micah is on TV or the media just doesn't stand up to scrutiny and for a City fan to be saying it, indeed any fan, it's just wrong on so many levels.
I can only see one poster posting disgusting comments, although he's denying it this morning.

He’s just a happy excitable lad who loves the game and City, he’s also clearly loving every minute of it
That people would be angry he’s on tele is baffling, it’s just making up a show, watch the highlights and couple of ex pros talk about the match, is anyone really tuning in hoping to hear some unknown secrets about the game we don’t know about ffs

Good luck to the lad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.