Short History of Haile Selassie

Think I read that a statue of him was smashed in England somewhere, last week, of course he lived here for a short while.

Kind of. His name before it was Haile Selassie was Ras Tafari. Years later a group was set up claiming he was God, and they were known by his birth name.
I was reading about when he visited Jamaica to meet all these people who worshipped him as God.
One of the ladies who went to see/worship him on this tour was a certain Rita Marley. It was her influence on her husband Bob that convinced him to become a Rastafarian,and he then went on to spread the message worldwide about Haile Selassie through his music and culture.

I was reading about when he visited Jamaica to meet all these people who worshipped him as God.
One of the ladies who went to see/worship him on this tour was a certain Rita Marley. It was her influence on her husband Bob that convinced him to become a Rastafarian,and he then went on to spread the message worldwide about Haile Selassie through his music and culture.

He even used a speech Selassie gave to the UN as the lyrics for this...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.