UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always find it ironic that any discretion with uefa results in a monetary fine. According to our rules you've spent too much money so you now need to spend some more.

Situations like ours are just a way for them to stuff their filthy pockets with millions of our clubs money. If it was anything other than a revenue generating stream they would find other ways of punishing clubs (i.e. reducing a clubs future expenditure by the value of the fine).
Actually, you dont spend any more. Uefa simply deduct any fine from your payout.

IMO FFP was ONLY ever brought in by UEFA at the behest of the G14 when City followed Chelsea as having seemingly unlimited finance to buy any player in the world if we threw enough money at it. Do you really think Livarpool and the Rags give a shit about Leeds and Portsmouth! The teams in red are owned by Americans who are still fighting the Gulf war against the pesky Arabs. There is no way they will allow themselves to be beaten in business. We have gatecrashed their top table and helped ourselves to slices of their pie. This is just a skirmish in the wider battle that is far from over. I would be very disappointed if we haven't been following the money over the last 10 years and managed to secure some covert evidence to support our belief that the G14 clubs aided by Gill, Parry etc have been conducting an operation to stop us from eating at their table and if they can have us ejected from the club. Our business model has proven to be the best there is. Our owners and directors have proven to be again the best. The players are among the best in the world who, apart from Sane, stay at the club for most of their careers. What's not to like? F**k 'em!

Notwithstanding the above I believe UEFA and it's members agreed that CAS would be the final arbiter and that there would be recourse to a higher court.

Yes, although I think you missed out a 'no' before recourse? I thought there was a standard acceptance that going past CAS would not be done.

I'd think that going to the Swiss court would be over a matter of actual law, not UEFA competition rules.

A deal could be that UEFA claim they didn’t have the full information at the time because City wouldn’t provide it due to the leaks. Now they’ve seen the full body of evidence they accept that the ban isn’t suitable. UEFA will make changes to the chamber to ensure future leaks are avoided etc.

That's a complete climbdown and surrender, not a deal!

I think we could only go to the Swiss Courts if we believed CAS hadn't followed their process correctly, maybe @projectriver can clarify that, it certainly would appear to be a complete waste of time to me, and one with literally 0 chance of success.

It's shit or bust with CAS.

Yes. Proy was very unfair to you. Most on here value your expertise and judgement.
Jesus, hop offProject's dick.

The guy quotes a few of CAS' old verdicts, quotes the same Latin phrase "de novo" and people take what he says as gospel and for some reason defend him from any rebuttal (as you're doing)

for me he's acting like a bit of a dramatis personae.

I remain confident because I don't believe in the face of such high stakes the club would gamble. I hope my faith is not misplaced.

I've always been of the same opinion.
We must be innocent, because surely if there was any evidence of wrongdoing, we would have accepted UEFA's private offer?

However, I also believe that by sitting back, and allowing a monsoon of anti-City vitriol for almost two years, the club has helped create a situation whereby, even if we're completely vindicated, the non-City supporting public will believe that we've somehow got away with it, by exploiting some kind of mysterious loophole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.