COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, you seem like a nice lad but you really do need to grow a pair.

As long as they are safe, you and yours are safe then there's no need to worry.

Relax, keep yourself busy, mentally and physically, and one day real soon you too will be able to hug them before not bothering for a few weeks.

"Sorry Dad, I'm real busy right now."

I need to grow a pair because I miss my parents? Eh? Maybe you don't bother for a few weeks with yours, but that's not the same for everyone else you know? They're not a burden. They're a hugely important part of my life and before all of this I saw my parents every other week for a good catchup, and I speak to them every day. I'm really close to them because they're class. Just because you're indifferent and not arsed if you don't see yours for months on end, it doesn't mean others are.

Edit - i'm not worrying, just chatting, cos it helps. It's a really bad habit to tell blokes to 'grow a pair' if they try and open up about things. It's quite an old-fashioned approach, that we know doesn't work.

Last edited:
I've had a bad 6 months. My wife died in Jan and just when I needed my family, I wasn't allowed to see them and had a bad two months fighting Covid-19 off. Thank fuck I've been able to bubble with one child and their family for 3 weeks now.

That's really awful. So sorry to hear that mate, and I'm glad you've been able to see some people now.

I got and mail from City saying that my delivery of City face masks had been delayed for a couple of weeks because they had underestimated demand. I still have a pair mask and I can’t go out with a foot injury so it won’t affect me but it could be a pain for some people. Organisation providing health and safety wear should probably do a bit better than this.
Had the same email but now just had one saying order has been dispatched so hopefully it will be here today / tomorrow. Mind you it's Hermes delivering it so it might end up being sent to a house five miles away knowing them

Had the same email but now just had one saying order has been dispatched so hopefully it will be here today / tomorrow. Mind you it's Hermes delivering it so it might end up being sent to a house five miles away knowing them

Good stuff. I’ve got a bust foot so they better wait long enough for me to get to the door lol. I ordered a home shirt in the sale at the same time so fingers crossed they will arrive in the same delivery.

Unfortunately other Scottish data less good.

767 in hospital. A rise of 68. And 11 in icu a rise of 4.

Many of these are not confirmed Covid cases. Just suspected.

For comparison this time last week it was 1 death and 8 new cases and 17 in icu.

Scotland has made 'real and sustained progress' against Covid Nicola Sturgeon says. Numbers of deaths on the weekly data have now fallen for 10 weeks on the run. She says the biggest problem now given the low levels in Scotland is 'importation of the disease from other countries'.

Warns about not letting what has happened in Melbourne to happen in Scotland. Hence importance of the quarantine of overseas arrivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.