UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is a uefa official attending a uefa match that big an issue? And I doubt he was testing the vol au vents as I am sure robber harris, slyman stones, James fucker at al will have got there first

I think while there is an ongoing investigation into the club it would be a weird place to randomly pop up at just to watch a bit of football, especially as there were other Champions League games on that same week that he could’ve attended.

Sounds possible, but how about the timing? How could the decision have been known at the time?
As @projectriver said before mate, you can never be 100% sure after a legal battle or before. Think he said you could be as high as 70% before and 95% after. Maybe we’re in the 95% category after and that’s what has been stated to the players etc.

Can I just remind everyone that you still have to socially distance, so next Monday when we gather outside the Town Hall to aim fireworks at it please do so in a responsible manner and keep 2 metres apart.
Can we blame Everton fans if the Town Hall is set alight in the same way LiVARpool did?

Sounds possible, but how about the timing? How could the decision have been known at the time?
Potentially. The process seems to be that the panel make a decision, which can be a majority decision, then pass it to the CAS President's office for review and sign-off. I can't imagine that they'd announce a date for release of the decision until that was complete and the decision had been signed off. So that would have happened about 2 weeks ago (although we don't know if/when it was or will be communicated formally to the parties).

Plus we also don't know exactly what happened at CAS.

I hope this isn't going to come back and bite me on the backside but I'm going to post it anyway.

Was just thinking about the story that the ban will be "suspended", which has been dismissed by some of us as unrealistic but might fit in with something else I heard, which I'd also dismissed. We know that the journalist who is reporting the "ban suspended" story is close to Aguero and I'd heard recently from a contact that another first team player had said that we'd won the case. I discounted that story as although it was given to me in very good faith (a) I couldn't corroborate it and (b) it was third-hand (i.e. x told y, who told z).

But what if the players have been told we've won (rather than we're confident we're going to win, which is a different thing) and in the translation from Spanish, "the ban will be overturned" became 'the ban will get suspended"? A bit like Ceferin's "concrete" case actually being "specific" case. Interesting thought.
Do you mean suspended as in withdrawn but the meaning of 'the ban will be overturned' was lost in translation from English to Spanish? Seems plausible.

Yeah of course, why are you discussing things on a forum for discussion?

but genuinely though, my issue with it is someone leaping to your defense like he did, not actually arguing what the post said just that it was said. That’s not a discussion, it’s a circle-jerk.
Funny how my post attracted 12 likes. How many did your sour effort get?
And your latin is shit!

Yeah of course, why are you discussing things on a forum for discussion?

but genuinely though, my issue with it is someone leaping to your defense like he did, not actually arguing what the post said just that it was said. That’s not a discussion, it’s a circle-jerk.

Oh, I dunno. Fair I suppose although the original post was a general dig (not that it is an issue). But perhaps some people appreciate the time I have taken since the leaks to try and put some of the situation into some context/more readily understandable form in free articles, posts and podcasts albeit with acknowledgment I am guessing. I think most people can weight the relevance of individual posters themselves.

I agree though any blind faith on what I say is madness - we haven't actually seen the documents or either side's case.

If that’s genuinely all you think PR has added to the debate, then you either:
1 - don’t understand his posts, in which case why not respond and ask him what point he’s trying to make
2 - don’t agree with his take on the situation, in which case why not offer your alternative interpretation to add the the debate, or
3 - haven’t actually read his posts on this issue - in which case your opinion on them is, frankly, worthless.

He’s always taken the time to consider and respond to people’s questions drawing on his specific experience and expertise, which many may not have direct access to in their own line of work.

This is why most value his take on the whole CAS situation, and appreciate what he’s added to the debate. Just because he doesn’t go for the easy on the ear ‘UEFA are G14 scum and will fail because they’re bastards’ angle, and provides a bit more objectivity doesn’t mean he isn’t a ‘proper’ City fan.
God look at all your likes!

my issue with bluemoon, this thread, and posters like “PR” as well as tolmie and PB Is that whatever they say becomes infallible, I’d you argue against it you get posters shouting you down saying they’re more of a blue because they post information.

Now, before you strawman me, obviously i’m not saying they deserve hate or abuse or anything like, what happens to tolmie sometimes in the summer upsets me because I know he posts in good faith. But if a person gets roundly abused for questioning something then it‘s a bit silly.

personally i’m not a big fan of cults of personalities. But those posters I have absolute no issue with And in fact I welcome their contributions, I enjoy Reading well informed posts, which are by and large rare on this website. However people leaping to defend them is what annoys me.

But whatever makes you/them happy I guess.

Last edited:

Maybe at the hearing the judges turned around and said to Uefa " and you bellends thought you would ban them based on this? you band of incompetent wankers"

If they did I am sure we would be pretty sure we had won without the verdict being released :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.