UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is fear in the club, there might not be that much confidence in a positive outcome.
But certainly Txiki and his team has to make sure to plan ahead for worst case scenario.

Does anyone ever say what we will be doing if we are cleared? Is it all negative?

I would feel let down by the club. A lot of this has come from leaked emails with some very daft and concerning phrases that there was no need for regardless of the opinion on UEFA and FFP.

If you don't want somebody to find out about something, don't document it in any form.

Sure I get that and somebody has probably had a real bollocking for being so fucking stupid and lax. And if they have'nt then the club is seriously at fault.

But the issue before CAS is whether the sponsorship from Etihad is genuine.

The club are asserting that the FFP stuff is true and genuine , when dealing with a body which is controlled by liars and teams with a vested interest in restricting competition .

And apart from some " unclear " messages in Die Spiegel, the puppets of UEFA decided to persue us , and exactly who pushed UEFA into this position - at least one of our main competitors and member of the cabal.

I hope this isn't going to come back and bite me on the backside but I'm going to post it anyway.

Was just thinking about the story that the ban will be "suspended", which has been dismissed by some of us as unrealistic but might fit in with something else I heard, which I'd also dismissed. We know that the journalist who is reporting the "ban suspended" story is close to Aguero and I'd heard recently from a contact that another first team player had said that we'd won the case. I discounted that story as although it was given to me in very good faith (a) I couldn't corroborate it and (b) it was third-hand (i.e. x told y, who told z).

But what if the players have been told we've won (rather than we're confident we're going to win, which is a different thing) and in the translation from Spanish, "the ban will be overturned" became 'the ban will get suspended"? A bit like Ceferin's "concrete" case actually being "specific" case. Interesting thought.

This is an interesting theory PB, but doesn't the time that has elapsed since Aguero and the ban suspended story mean that the club must have been given the result a very long time ago? UNLESS your earlier post theorising that City had reached an agreement at CAS is accurate, in which case the ban could be either "suspended" or overturned, depending on the agreement made. My big problem with this is that City must have accepted guilt for something for the ban to be simply suspended, and presumably accept some form of settlement regime. I can't see what conditions UEFA would apply for a second breach which would suspend the ban and City have refused adamantly to admit any wrongdoing, even a technical breach. I have no difficulty at all believing that City's appeal has been upheld ....

The only reason I doubt that Ceferin offered us a token fine for a technical breach is that we'd have been stupid not to take it.

If you are innocent, accepting any settlement is acknowledging guilt.

If you, me or anyone else on this forum was wrongly charged in a criminal matter, for something that they were innocent of, I can guarantee that 99.5% of us wouldn’t accept a lesser punishment. You wouldn’t accept any punishment at all because even if it’s a £1 fine, you’re admitting guilt.

That puts the power completely in UEFAs hands; ‘you’ve accepted 2 fines for FFP breaches, as it’s now the third time we are charging you, the punishment will be a 5 year CL ban and £100m fine’

If banned what is kdb worth?

£150m plus?

Sterling the same?

So say £300m, we lose two quality players but can they be replaced. Of course they can and we have money to do so.

I want to be in Europe just because of the trips but it not everything.
Losing KDB in his prime is a horrendous though, and a terrible backward step for this football club.

If you are innocent, accepting any settlement is acknowledging guilt.

If you, me or anyone else on this forum was wrongly charged in a criminal matter, for something that they were innocent of, I can guarantee that 99.5% of us wouldn’t accept a lesser punishment. You wouldn’t accept any punishment at all because even if it’s a £1 fine, you’re admitting guilt.

That puts the power completely in UEFAs hands; ‘you’ve accepted 2 fines for FFP breaches, as it’s now the third time we are charging you, the punishment will be a 5 year CL ban and £100m fine’
If CAS is a home run for us then fair enough. My point is that if we could have taken a slap in the wrist, then the club better not have been exaggerating about "irrefutable evidence" we have, or we're taking a big big risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.