Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

It's one of the things that frustrates me so much about City's PR. The amount of negativity and downright lies spoken about the club by the media should have our lawyers working overtime, yet we seem happy to let it continue. The club just seems to shrug its shoulders indifferently when Tyler and Ratboy have their sly digs at us: Simon Stone writes inflammatory articles about the club but doesn't seem to have to account for his lies.
It's been open house on City for so long now that nobody seems to care, it's as if we're saying: "Media abuse? It goes with the territory."
No, no it fucking doesn't. Criticism when it's warranted is one thing, but the club has been the victim of a Murdoch-orchestrated witch hunt since the takeover and doesn't seem to give a fuck.
Well, I do give a fuck. I am offended by the unwarranted discrimination meted out by Sly and the rest. We are royally slaughtered in the press for relatively minor transgressions, but neither the dippers or the rags are ever held accountable for their flagrant abuse of the laws pertaining to the sport. Both on and off the field, these two clubs appear to be above the law, but for some reason City are too timid to stand up and say enough's enough.

I think tolmie has previously said that there are occasions when the club do " remind " these people about the attacks on the club, but for fans it does seem that they actually do very little and " go along " with the media rhetoric and lies.

Like you I find it very frustrating and infuriating when having to listen to these fuckers spouting their blatant and deliberate lies in order to please the masses and their bosses who favour the rags/dippers.

I now watch games without any sound because of the above, but that should not be necessary , although I know that I am pissing into the wind on the subject.

It's one of the things that frustrates me so much about City's PR. The amount of negativity and downright lies spoken about the club by the media should have our lawyers working overtime, yet we seem happy to let it continue. The club just seems to shrug its shoulders indifferently when Tyler and Ratboy have their sly digs at us: Simon Stone writes inflammatory articles about the club but doesn't seem to have to account for his lies.
It's been open house on City for so long now that nobody seems to care, it's as if we're saying: "Media abuse? It goes with the territory."
No, no it fucking doesn't. Criticism when it's warranted is one thing, but the club has been the victim of a Murdoch-orchestrated witch hunt since the takeover and doesn't seem to give a fuck.
Well, I do give a fuck. I am offended by the unwarranted discrimination meted out by Sly and the rest. We are royally slaughtered in the press for relatively minor transgressions, but neither the dippers or the rags are ever held accountable for their flagrant abuse of the laws pertaining to the sport. Both on and off the field, these two clubs appear to be above the law, but for some reason City are too timid to stand up and say enough's enough.
Dead right. It's text book defamation and propaganda. Joseph Goebbels would have bren proud.

It would be futile for the club to take the media on, if you start plugging holes you'll soon find yourself overwhelmed and sinking under the onslaught. I think our management team are fully aware how the game works and have accepted we are powerless against hatred, jealousy and spitefulness.

You're right. But I don't mean an all out war. Just now and again a reprimand from the club to these odious bastards should keep them in their places.
They come to the Etihad and enjoy the comfort and the luxury of the facilities on offer, and then basically they turn around and spit in our faces.
It's been going on for way too long now and I resent the way the club is being portrayed by sections of the media.

It would be futile for the club to take the media on, if you start plugging holes you'll soon find yourself overwhelmed and sinking under the onslaught. I think our management team are fully aware how the game works and have accepted we are powerless against hatred, jealousy and spitefulness.

I see where you and CBB are coming from but rather than accept it as the price of success select a good outright lie published in a tabloid (plenty to choose from) and issue a proceedings in the Supreme Court. Go for it and do not allow them to get away with a small retraction hidden in a corner of an inside page. When we win people will soon think twice about what they publish. At the moment we are perceived as an easy touch.

Personally l would like to see us go after an individual who is not making the libellous statement in the course of his employment so he becomes responsible for damages and costs (often the killer) out of his own pocket. Or purse.

You're right. But I don't mean an all out war. Just now and again a reprimand from the club to these odious bastards should keep them in their places.
They come to the Etihad and enjoy the comfort and the luxury of the facilities on offer, and then basically they turn around and spit in our faces.
It's been going on for way too long now and I resent the way the club is being portrayed by sections of the media.
Just pick one of them out and put down a marker, that would be a start.

If we get the desired result next week ie complete exoneration I fully hope / expect the club to start getting tough on those journo who continue to print and spout lies about us

Yet Liverpool had no hesitation in threatening to go legal with the Mirror if they published the story on their hacking of City's computers back in 2013. The Mirror backed down and it took another 6 years before the story became public knowledge and even then was only reported in the Times.

Yet Liverpool had no hesitation in threatening to go legal with the Mirror if they published the story on their hacking of City's computers back in 2013. The Mirror backed down and it took another 6 years before the story became public knowledge and even then was only reported in the Times.

I have seen it quoted that LFC are particularly adept at keeping things out of the public domain - Henry being a yank is proably the reason, as they seem to love litigation .

Our owners do not appear to favour the letigious route, and seem to take little interest in responding/reacting to the shite about us expressed in the media.

Shame imo because the taking down of in public of certain individuals would be quite interesting and enjoyable .

Hi mig .

The decrepit,biased fool was at it during the game last night in which we weren’t even playing.

Droned on FIVE times about the CAS hearing, reinforcing that “City have already been found guilty & banned for a second time”.

His hostility to our club is worthy of retribution

Did he actually say "banned for a second time"? Maybe he could confirm when City were banned for the first time.

Did he actually say "banned for a second time"? Maybe he could confirm when City were banned for the first time.

How could he do that when he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.

Reading from a script ot getting messages through his earpiece don't ( i guess ) quote facts

I genuinely don't think the " commentators " have a fucking clue and merely puppets spouting what they are told to say. Time for Tyler to go to the great commentator's station in the sky ( pun imtended )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.