Match Thread | Man City vs Newcastle (08/07/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I caught this half, Rodri playing well, passing forward. Foden gliding past players and linking up well. Merlin doing what he does best. Mahrez ffs. Also so a nice cross from Jesus while on the wing (would like to see how he’d play in that position for an extended period) and seems to have gotten a goal.

Good game so far.

It may be harsh but I have no faith whatsoever, from a defensive point of view, in City's present back four. Against a top team and good attacking players we would be in serious trouble with Zinchenko, Otamendi, Stones and Cancelo at the back. I honestly would not care if they sold the lot of them.
You could be in the middle of shagging Helen of Troy and you’d be moaning about Achilles being a bit of a heel.

All mcminimum does is repeat what the lead commentator says but 2 seconds later, cos he has to wait for the brain cell to load the words !

Difference between today and Southampton? Movement off the ball, that trademarked third run in behind has lead to both goals, when sterling plays on the left he doesn’t make that run or if he does he retreats with the ball instead of playing it across because he simply refuses to use his left foot. Get sterling back on the right.

Cancelo has impressed me again, we need to keep walker ticking over but we should be giving him as much game time as possible, possibly even at left back when walker needs a run out considering Mendy’s European suspension.

Absolute masterclass from David Silva. I refuse to accept he won’t be around the next time I watch City, we’ve got months to perfect age reversal/human cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.