David Silva leaves City after 10 years

i am willing to beg, steal or borrow to keep El Mago. He really can't go without us being there. It's as simple as that. Can we convince him to stay for another year? Or do we arrange a socially distanced guard of honour outside the stadium for his last game. It's going to be bad enough him going but letting him go without fanfare is just not right. Thoughts?

i am willing to beg, steal or borrow to keep El Mago. He really can't go without us being there. It's as simple as that. Can we convince him to stay for another year? Or do we arrange a socially distanced guard of honour outside the stadium for his last game. It's going to be bad enough him going but letting him go without fanfare is just not right. Thoughts?
Get him to pregnant you ?maybe

It depends on where he wants to go.

I think the club might convince him to stay 6 months on the back of him not getting to say goodbye to a crowd, also we might only get 5 days rest between seasons and will need as big a squad as possible. Plus maybe he'd like to win things like the European Super Cup and Club World Cup if we win the CL.

If he goes to Japan the season runs from February to December, so maybe he could stay for the first half of the season.

MLS is the same, runs March to November.

David wants to go. He could have probably played for any club in the world, yet he wanted to spend his best years playing for us. Now he wants a different experience. After everything he has done for us, then he deserves to leave on his own terms. Lets win the Champions League, him lifting that trophy would be the perfect way to go, for our greatest ever player.

Last edited:
Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I think it's the right time for him to go, definitely.

Granted I missed the second half tonight but I personally feel his decisiveness has been sorely lacking this season overall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.