Newcastle (H) Post-Match Thread

Did anyone see the post-match interview with Pep and Mahrez? I didn’t but a poster in the CAS thread says they looked close to tears and reckons we’re fucked with the appeal. Was it really that bad?

I watched it. Not close to tears at all. Pep being being his usual self - uncomfortable and fidgety.

Suggest Mahrez was a bit subdued at being subbed again. But hardly upset.

We’ve given contract extensions to players with less in their legs, if he can press like that in extra time for that last goal how much of a risk is it with him sharing playing time with Foden?
He has decided to leave,he made the decision at the start of the season,he wants a different last challenge

We banjo Arsenal 3 nowt, it’s Arsenal are shite.
We banjo Burnley 5 nowt, it’s Burnley are shite
We banjo scouse vermin 4 nowt and it’s they weren’t properly up for it after winning the league
We banjo Newcastle 5 nowt and it’s Newcastle are shite.
There’s a pattern here, maybe just maybe we make teams look shite because we are quality.

And for what it’s worth i thought we were the better team in both the rentboys and saints defeats but then i know the negative merchants on here won’t agree.

As I said at halftime the only major difference tonight from Southampton was the movement in behind. Sterling does not make that run on his left foot. Was pleasantly surprised to see mahrez move to the right second half, I’ve often said how id like to see us switch our wingers more and even do it during matches when needed to allow he stronger foot on the outside a useful 25 minutes for him out there. My only “disappointment” was cancelo coming off at half time, maybe he had a knock we didn’t know about but I would like to have seen him play 90 minutes again even if it meant the second half at left back.

David Silva was unreal.

We’ve got a very generous set of fixtures that should be great practice to allow us to be in peak form for certainly the fa cup and hopefully the champions league too

Don’t get all the elephant man hate (over the usual amount) he had their reserves out and we were on it, what else was he supposed to do?

The only thing is, re the game at St Mary's, this performance tonight just makes the defeat all the more annoying. We weren't really THAT much better tonight, were we? Granted, we were playing a better side on their own patch; we all know Newcastle are terrible on their travels.

the thing is we wanted it more tonight they (newcastle) didn't well in the first half anyway
plus southampton defended really well and city and lady luck had her way and city was not scoring

you need to defend really well against city but need a bit of luck as well, and the work rate of the defending team got to be spot on, but if city are playing a important game we are just so hard to stop when we want it badly enough and this season its been all about champions league and cups since november and losing at anfield

one thing stands out tonight ? city are fully in control of the game and when we want turn up the heat and press and rush, jesus first half was pushing and rushing everything and wanted the ball, half time game over city come out and just play in 3rd gear slow pass and move no press and rushing by jesus

its simple pep got this in control and city are up for the cups and saving and rotating and just going through the stages and when we need to city turn it on and we play great football like today and liverpool and newcastle away

so all the moaners from the southampton game ? just remember it if we go on to lift up the fa cup and champions league we have had a better season than last season
Very little difference in intensity and performance from the Southampton game. We just took our chances tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.