John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A huge ask and an even bigger risk to take that chance. We didn’t replace Vinny and went all in on Laporte leading the defence and it has cost us a title challenge. To do it once is frustrating, to do it twice would be pure negligence.

vinny Lol he played about ten /12 games a season in his last 2 years

How can you be strong in the tackle when not even attempting a tackle in the match?
We completed 3 tackles all game(Dave 2, Ota 1)

He won 60%(3/5) of his aerial challenges compared to Ota who won 100%(7/7).
Didn’t take long.

How can you be strong in the tackle when not even attempting a tackle in the match?
We completed 3 tackles all game(Dave 2, Ota 1)

He won 60%(3/5) of his aerial challenges compared to Ota who won 100%(7/7).
You have a very good point, Otamendi had a good game too!

You have one lad on here saying we now dont need to buy a CB. Someone has to balance the scales.
I think we do need to buy a CB, but I agree it doesn’t necessarily have to be for John, but rather for Nico, as he will be on his way soon.

Not a real test, but for just coming back he did good.

The most important thing for him is to carry on his momentum and not to lose confidence, I don't see us selling BOTH Stones and Otamendi, one will be kept.

I keep thinking back to his Champions League performance away at Napoli and hope that he can perform like that consistently.

There's a player in there but injuries and some sort of a mental block that is keeping him from reaching his promise.

With that said, his time may be coming to an end, I'm afraid.

vinny Lol he played about ten /12 games a season in his last 2 years

Vinny played more games last season than Stones has this. Vinny was also 10 times the footballer Stones will ever be and had leadership qualities and a mentality that Stones can only dream of having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.