David Silva leaves City after 10 years

He was great tonight but he's no longer an automatic starter.

If I was doing a front 6 for next year it would be.
Sterling Kun Mahrez
Foden Rodri KdB

and that's leaving out Jesus and Bernie.

So if DS is not a starter he should be allowed to leave on his own terms.

He is leaving at exactly the right time for him and us(virus excepted) let him play a few more years with the sun on his back.
Nailed it. He hasn't got the legs for regular PL appearances now. And it wouldn't be fair to him to keep him around for occasional cup appearances and 60-70 minute cameos in the league. He's more than earned his last hurrah in the sun back home. Hopefully the club will be able to organise some sort of farewell, testimonial-type game when fans can come to say their goodbyes and thank yous.

Love the guy to bits but for the 2nd half of last season and then this season his form has been very erratic. For me one of his biggest strengths over the years has been his consistency, even on his bad days he was 7/10. Over the past year though we have not been sure what we are gonna get from him from week to week. Tonight he was magnificent, next week who knows?

I’ve loved watching him for the past decade and he will be sorely missed. I do feel now is the right time to part ways and for someone else to have a go at the unenviable task of trying to replace him.

i am willing to beg, steal or borrow to keep El Mago. He really can't go without us being there. It's as simple as that. Can we convince him to stay for another year? Or do we arrange a socially distanced guard of honour outside the stadium for his last game. It's going to be bad enough him going but letting him go without fanfare is just not right. Thoughts?

We would end up having to sell Foden!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.