Your most nervous City match ever

fa cup final replay against spurs 81. I couldnt handle it, I had to go outside and take my mind off it.

Leicester last season was difficult

All of the Liverpool games are nervy nowadays

City vs Stoke FA Cup final 2011
Too many monkeys on the back, to not win it.

though I’ve found the last 3 seasons hard watching City on TV in the PL, too much emotion. LC, FA and CL Are fine, I just find it almost too scarey to watch the PL live... Heyho, probably need to take a chill pill!

Charlton at home 85 - only match I ever been to where I was actually shaking just before kick off - but my nerves were eased as we were 3-0 up early on and went on to get promoted winning 5-1
Charlton had a 17 year old keeper that day - Kenny Clements played for City - when he retired he set up a driving school in Oldham - don’t think that would be considered by pro’s today !

Oh...and the one at Bury in the early 70s. Was frightened to death by the City fans who wanted to/tried to set fire to something.
I was only about 8 though, so not surprised I got out quickly ;-)
League Cup 72-73, lost 2-0. A worse result than Halifax in my opinion.

The Tuesday to Saturday before the Charlton 5-1 game was very tense for me.... A lot of players out injured, would they / wouldnt they make it.....

Leicester at home last season was heart attack level.....

Burnley away wasn’t an easy watch. That goal of Sergio’s! When you see just how far the ball is over the line. I don’t like to look at it, even today.

That season was probably the time I was most fanatical about City. I dumped my girlfriend (who was really fit) because she laughed at me for being in such a bad mood after City lost 3-1 to Stoke on Boxing day.
Did she make it worse by laughing at your fancy dress dress outfit or was that another year?

League Cup 72-73, lost 2-0. A worse result than Halifax in my opinion.
Possibly, as a one-off, but I've never been angrier after a defeat as I was coming away from Halifax.

Nerves? I'd probably go with Newcastle away in 2012 too, the reaction in the City section to Yaya's first goal was like a cork popping out of a champagne bottle relieving the pent-up pressure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.