Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola on Eric Garcia: “He has one more year on his contract. If they [Barcelona] want him, they must call him and we are going to try to convince him to stay here for many, many years. I am confident he will stay but at the end it is his decision..."

"He knows we want him but it is the same with Leroy. We want him but if he doesn't want to stay we cannot do anything else. He knows, his agent knows, his family knows that we want him.”

That's an odd misquote. He said he was extremely confident he'd sign a new deal.

If it’s true and he does want to leave then fair enough.

we have a top young centre back in harwood bellis who absolutely who would do anything to play for us. We will always have this issue, especially with Spanish youngsters wanting to go back home

2 years left on his contract - if he is stalling on a contract we have to start giving deadlines to players to either sign or be put ont he transfer list - Any team wanting Garcia would have to really pay up

So now that we know he actually only has one year on his deal, what was up with all those Otamendi starts earlier in the season? Seemed dumb at the time, now totally inexplicable.

There's this as well:
Ecaux2TUcAA5UxE

I don't think you can take too much away from Pep's quotes apart from the fact it confirms that he's at least considering Barca. He said similar stuff about Sterling and he obviously ended up renewing, so I think it's just a matter of how the negotiations play out and which club he personally thinks will be better for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.