Spitfire or Hurricane?

bluethrunthru

Preference? Always a fan of the Hurricane myself. The beautiful shape shape of the Spitfire's elliptical wing cannot be denied but I have always liked the dumpy Hurricane. It got the more kills in the Battle of Britain too and was a very versatile plane in the fighter and ground attack roles in just about every theatre of war.

And just remember 2 days from now - 10th August - is the 80th anniversary of the start of the Battle of Britain - all those lads in their late teens and early twenties giving their all deserves at least a moments though.

Finally, Spitfire, Hurricane, Lanc or Mustang - anyone with a soul cannot fail to be moved by the sound of a Merlin at full chat - I hear one I always look up and dammit if its not always a day with tree pollen in the air and I struggle to see whats making the noise through moist eyes.

Such a shame Dame Vera couldn't have lived to see just one more anniversary. Bless them all.

Preference? Always a fan of the Hurricane myself. The beautiful shape shape of the Spitfire's elliptical wing cannot be denied but I have always liked the dumpy Hurricane. It got the more kills in the Battle of Britain too and was a very versatile plane in the fighter and ground attack roles in just about every theatre of war.

And just remember 2 days from now - 10th August - is the 80th anniversary of the start of the Battle of Britain - all those lads in their late teens and early twenties giving their all deserves at least a moments though.

Finally, Spitfire, Hurricane, Lanc or Mustang - anyone with a soul cannot fail to be moved by the sound of a Merlin at full chat - I hear one I always look up and dammit if its not always a day with tree pollen in the air and I struggle to see whats making the noise through moist eyes.

Such a shame Dame Vera couldn't have lived to see just one more anniversary. Bless them all.
Hurricane for me.

Spitfire is the more iconic of the two, but the Hurricane was the workhorse.

Hurricane for what and how it did.
Spitfire for its looks, but that’s relegated to 2nd place by the Mozzy.

You need to check your calendar. 2 days from now is the 10th July, not the 10th of August as you stated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.