Running thread

Any recommendations on waterproof/ok to get wet headphones? I've broken two sets in a row now due to taking out in wet weather. One earphone has gone on each set.
Same as @gaz76, I use Aftershokz. Wireless, waterproof, and don't exclude surrounding noise. I wouldn't use anything else now. I tend to listed to audiobooks, from a SanDisk Clip Sport, which is small and unobtrusive. They can upload podcasts, music, books etc. An excellent combination.

Just done a slow 65 mins - about 9.5k. I purposefully don’t time /measure many runs, so as to not put too much pressure on myself.

Same as @gaz76, I use Aftershokz. Wireless, waterproof, and don't exclude surrounding noise. I wouldn't use anything else now. I tend to listed to audiobooks, from a SanDisk Clip Sport, which is small and unobtrusive. They can upload podcasts, music, books etc. An excellent combination.
Hmmm interesting tip there with the sandisk clip sport, I currently use Spotify through my garmin fenix watch so I dont have to bring my phone, but it chews up the watch battery on long runs. How long does the battery last on the sandisk?

Think I am struggling with some post-COVID-19 issues. Shortness of breath, aches and pains, fatigue. I’ve run 1 mile since 26th May. Hopefully things get better soon
I think I had a mild case of covid-19 in April. Had backache and a tight chest for a couple of weeks afterwards but not fatigue. I remember blasting up a hill on the fixed gear bike and my chest was sore for the rest of the day. Maybe it did it some good with the gasping and splutterring up the hill as it brought up the crap? Or could have made it worse? Who knows?

Hmmm interesting tip there with the sandisk clip sport, I currently use Spotify through my garmin fenix watch so I dont have to bring my phone, but it chews up the watch battery on long runs. How long does the battery last on the sandisk?
Many hours. Longer than you would need it for on most runs. My longest run was almost three hours, and headphones and player both coped well. They aren't too expensive either, but if you're buying, make sure you get the Bluetooth one. There is an identical looking one that needs wired headphones. I prefer it's size to strapping my phone onto my arm. I also have a Fenix, but I prefer to let that do the run measurements.

Well I’ve just completed my first ever 10k run. The most I’d done previously was just over 7k last Saturday and the Saturday before. Not arsed about times but managed it in just under 61 minutes. Quicker than I expected to do it in and was doing sub-60 minute pace for the first 7k or so (which was quicker than my 2 previous 7k runs), but then started to flag a bit towards the end. Still, it was easier than I thought but I’m feeling it now!

Well I’ve just completed my first ever 10k run. The most I’d done previously was just over 7k last Saturday and the Saturday before. Not arsed about times but managed it in just under 61 minutes. Quicker than I expected to do it in and was doing sub-60 minute pace for the first 7k or so (which was quicker than my 2 previous 7k runs), but then started to flag a bit towards the end. Still, it was easier than I thought but I’m feeling it now!
Well done mate, after another couple of attempts you’ll be under an hour in no time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.