UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain why CAS need to tell anyone in advance the results of their deliberation. Like a judge announcing in advance to your lawyer that your getting five years, then your lawyer coming down to the cells to tell you, then you going back up to court to hear a sentence being dished out you already know the details of. All bollocks and speculation this thread.

It is in their rule book. They definitely let both parties know before. That is not debatable at all.

How far in advance, that is.

In their procedure, they say the three judges recommend the outcome, the president decides it. And then it states that they notify both parties. So, if you wanted to, which i do, you Could read into that that both parties know as soon as the president signs the decision. Which, again, i want to, would coincide with CAS releaskng the date the decision will be made public. Which, happens to coincide with a burst of bravado reported around the club, by pep and behind the scenes.

That of course is pure speculation (fucking contagious this positivity optimism malarkey isnt it). But the fact that they let both party know in advance is in fact, de facto and ipso facto, a fact.

I doubt it, CAS will probably release the decision to the public/media first thing Monday morning I would assume.

Think City and uefa will find out Friday, gives both a chance to prepare statements for the Monday.

I could be miles off, just think this timeline would make sense.

Well all eyes on everyone's body language during the draw on friday then!

Oh, I have them too. My wife also does me potted beef sarnies!!

She doesn't quite get it but my birthday buffet is law in my household.

My kids wouldn't have it any other way now.
Happy Birthday S.
You have jogged my memory about the first party I went to as an 8 or 10 year old and us kids marvelled at the fact they had real meat paste triangular sandwiches there.

Many years ago in my case of course but thanks for the detail.

It is in their rule book. They definitely let both parties know before. That is not debatable at all.

How far in advance, that is.

In their procedure, they say the three judges recommend the outcome, the president decides it. And then it states that they notify both parties. So, if you wanted to, which i do, you Could read into that that both parties know as soon as the president signs the decision. Which, again, i want to, would coincide with CAS releaskng the date the decision will be made public. Which, happens to coincide with a burst of bravado reported around the club, by pep and behind the scenes.

That of course is pure speculation (fucking contagious this positivity optimism malarkey isnt it). But the fact that they let both party know in advance is in fact, de facto and ipso facto, a fact.

Spot on. It's important people don't make comparisons to a criminal case where a jury make the decision and the judge makes a sentence.

This is an appeal based on City providing evidence that the punishment is not justified procedurally and/or providing evidence that we are not guilty of the accusations.

We know City have grounds to challenge the decision procedurally. Breach of protocols with 3 named leaks to press. Perhaps the settlement agreement/time limit is another (don't know for certain on this).

That's before you then look at what new evidence UEFA's IC made their decision on. A few emails? Our position on this is strong. We haven't had to provide UEFA with anything other than what we need to in order to prove our evidence. They've had our accounts before and made a decision on them once. Now they're saying we lied, due to some emails. It wouldn't be hard to explain those emails and question how UEFA could make a new decision based on something it knew no context about (or did know and chose to ignore).

There are enough points for City to challenge for me to be confident we will win.

Having read the PSG case too, one thing comes across very strongly in the first CAS decision on our case and that is the fact we were never going to settle this time. There's a clear aggression from City on this and a clear tone of anger from UEFA - particularly that we suggest they breached confidentiality.

UEFA's argument on this was accepted at the time only because the IC hadn't issued a decision so procedurally we hadn't got a final decision to appeal. But City quite cleverly had already shown to CAS "worrisome" evidence and predicted what the decision would be before the event - based on leaks to the press.

Let's get the body language experts out on Friday to see what UEFA look like whenever our club gets mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.