UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
City fulfilled the obligations of the settlement agreement so are therefore released.
Sorry i'm dumb. Does this mean even though City were released, having paid the fine or whatever the obligations were, City believe that UEFA are not released from the settlement with the (alleged) no investigating of reporting periods? To clarify, i'm really dumb..

Why?

Genuine question btw. It's my interpretation, and your interpretation, we are both making assumptions on loose observations of what is available in the public realm, so in no way am i looking to argue it, just curious what you base that on.

The Cas procedure states the paries are notified, once the decision is reached, ahead of the verdict being written up and made public. It doesn't say when that is or should be. There is then another period of 3 months where they pull together the full justification, and that period is stated as 3 months.

So in reality, both parties (or should i say any two parties) Could theoretically know a week after a hearing, if that is when Cas reach a decision. Not saying that is what may have happened, just that no timeframe is impossible.

Imho, Cas wouldn't have defined a date for public announcement, without having made a decision. And if they notify parties once they make a decision, ahead of writing up the verdict, it is entirely plausible the club have known since we have known the date. After all, that is what, leas than 2 full weeks before the public announcement? or in fact bang on one week before the supposed original planned date of the 10th. That isn't actually that far in advance, imho, i dount cas judges write up the verdict in less than a week.

Which, as i say, councides with pep's positive comments, and other reported injection of optimism throughout the club that TH and a few with links have reported.

Add to that Uefa asking the announcement to be delayed, heck even coupled with a silence from Uefa, which, as crudely cynical as it sounds, to me there is a nugget of truth behind that throwaway joke.

As i say, that is what i believe, at this point. Largely, because i really want to, and particularly, because it does make sone sebse, and does add up to an extent (or coincide quite neatly).

There is no way that city or UEFA would have found out about the verdict a week after hearing. That's just not how it works and for argument sake if we say they did then decision would have came out by now.

Secondly, about the CAS timeframe, such time frames are given in legal proceedings, so it's nothing unusual. They don't give time frames after reaching a verdict.

Probably, what would happen is that CAS will give a short verdict in July which will be followed by a detailed verdict in 3 months.

It will be interesting if this is how it plays as these proceedings will go into next season and they can't deny our participation next season given the fact that case would not be fully disposed by then. So punishment if any, could well in 21/22 season

I’m surprised BT are showing it considering City are the only English team left in it.
I think there will be a feature on how winning the CL then the PL is a world class achievement whilst doing it the other way round is fairly old school and not that difficult. Then there will be a replay of the ‘miracle of Istanbul’, followed by Barca being knocked out last season.
Finally they will focus on who Real Madrid have drawn in the semi final and have an hour long discussion about where KDB, Sterling and LaPorte will be playing next season following the criminal activity perpetrated by those ‘filthy cheating Arabs’. I can hardly wait.....

In the appeal document you posted a while back, there was a section where city specifically mentioned something along the lines of City being let go of the settlement that was agreed for no investigating of periods 2014-15/2015-2016. Do you think this means that UEFA have released us from the settlement somehow or that they have gone against the settlement criteria and that's *one of* the things we are challenging? If they have released us from the settlement, it questions why we would agree to such a settlement in the first place if it could be dropped so easily, maybe our defence was not that good OR we have something on UEFA's behaviour that both agreed to keep under wraps.

Not really sure what the question is. City say the 2014 settlement and the settlement regime closed the book on the periods under investigation. The settlement is unlikely to be binding under Swiss Law unfortunately (it was never approved by a court or tribunal) so it is unclear how CAS will deal with it. UEFA will probably be able to argue the case on its merits and CAS will have to decide if we actually did breach as UEFA claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.