UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure what the question is. City say the 2014 settlement and the settlement regime closed the book on the periods under investigation. The settlement is unlikely to be binding under Swiss Law unfortunately (it was never approved by a court or tribunal) so it is unclear how CAS will deal with it. UEFA will probably be able to argue the case on its merits and CAS will have to decide if we actually did breach as UEFA claim.
Ok thanks, i think that kind of answers my stupid "question".

Oh, I have them too. My wife also does me potted beef sarnies!!

She doesn't quite get it but my birthday buffet is law in my household.

My kids wouldn't have it any other way now.
Taking me back this is! On our birthdays my old man used to make us a tent using a clothes rack and a bed sheet and me and my sisters would have birthday party tea in there. consisting of the above and one or two additional treats, Iceland sausage rolls, angel delight. Good times!

We're all doomed! Or are we?

Tom Petty was right... the waiting is the hardest part.

Win, lose or draw its been quite the ride and glad City have pushed this every step of the way. My gut feeling is that even if its good news, we won't be cleared completely and will result in a 'suspended sentence' or something else which will continue the narrative that we're bigger cheats than Juventus.

Fingers crossed and fuck UEFA!

Last edited:
Sorry i'm dumb. Does this mean even though City were released, having paid the fine or whatever the obligations were, City believe that UEFA are not released from the settlement with the (alleged) no investigating of reporting periods? To clarify, i'm really dumb..

The club never agreed with the terms of the settlement agreement but signed up to it for the interests of preserving a relationship with UEFA (something they've now decided was pointless and so are fighting hard). The settlement agreement set out a list of restrictions/terms with which City had to comply over the following financial periods in order for UEFA to be satisfied there were no further breaches of FFP. We did comply.

The emails then came out which called into question what we had provided to UEFA previously, with UEFA believing we had falsified accounts in order to comply. They've therefore reissued a punishment on an accounting period covered by the settlement agreement. The club would argue that we were already punished and had complied with a settlement, and UEFA had an agenda against us. UEFA will undoubtedly be saying we didn't provide evidence to dismiss the suggestion of falsifying accounts as shown in the hacked emails.

The club, in my opinion, have clearly decided not to try too hard to give UEFA what they need. Potentially concerned by the fact they were leaking information, and also because of their agenda against the club. Instead, we've probably shared what we needed to with CAS in order to make this whole thing go away. I'm confident this is the case because of Ferran's "irrefutable evidence" claim. If this was just a question of procedure, and whether UEFA could re-open something after it had already been settled, I'd be less confident.

If we lose the appeal will we appeal to a higher court and if so will we be allowed to play in the next year's competition whilst the appeal is going through the courts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.