UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all doomed! Or are we?

Tom Petty was right... the waiting is the hardest part.

Win, lose or draw its been quite the ride and glad City have pushed this every step of the way. Fingers. My gut feeling is that even if its good news, we won't be cleared completely and will result in a 'suspended sentence' or something else which will continue the narrative that we're bigger cheats than Juventus.

Fingers crossed and fuck UEFA!
I don't think that narrative is going to change too much even if CAS exonerated us completely, slated UEFA and cited Rummenigge and David Gill as being complicit in hacking our emails. So, on that basis, "suspended" works just fine for me.

I think it has been said that the CAS decision could be challenged in the Swiss courts but, as ProjectRiver noted in a previous post, that is rarely successful so we may need to seek a different avenue.

We can challenge under very limited circumstances but CAS verdicts are usually considered to be watertight, so to speak.

There is no way that city or UEFA would have found out about the verdict a week after hearing. That's just not how it works and for argument sake if we say they did then decision would have came out by now.

Secondly, about the CAS timeframe, such time frames are given in legal proceedings, so it's nothing unusual. They don't give time frames after reaching a verdict.

Probably, what would happen is that CAS will give a short verdict in July which will be followed by a detailed verdict in 3 months.

It will be interesting if this is how it plays as these proceedings will go into next season and they can't deny our participation next season given the fact that case would not be fully disposed by then. So punishment if any, could well in 21/22 season

Re your first para, that isn't really true. I agree entirely, no way in this case, but worth distinguishing possibility against likelyhood. It is in theory (and that is why i said theoretically) possible for any party to know, as soon as a decision is reached, for which there is no minimum or maximum time.

It isn't relevant, as such, other than when we all make a point of what we think of when the club could or couldn't possibly have known. The truth is, they could have known at any point in time.

Re the rest of the post, neither here nor there. Worth reading the cas procedure, then what i said. Which i stand by. It is My interpretation, May be wrong, but certainly not impossible nor can anyone convince me that it is not plausible.

Re your first para, that isn't really true. I agree entirely, no way in this case, but worth distinguishing possibility against likelyhood. It is in theory (and that is why i said theoretically) possible for any party to know, as soon as a decision is reached, for which there is no minimum or maximum time.

It isn't relevant, as such, other than when we all make a point of what we think of when the club could or couldn't possibly have known. The truth is, they could have known at any point in time.

Re the rest of the post, neither here nor there. Worth reading the cas procedure, then what i said. Which i stand by. It is My interpretation, May be wrong, but certainly not impossible nor can anyone convince me that it is not plausible.

What is the case, however, is that as we get closer to the official announcement date of 13 Jul, the more likelihood that the parties will have been told. If there are still positive vibes coming out of the club by the weekend (and zilch from the usual UEFA leaks) that would probably be a good sign.

There again, they may be told an hour before the announcement - what do I know...

Thanks, i think that answers pretty much everything. With what Sorriano has shared about our evidence, if we are still found guilty then you'd assume him and some of the others would have a lot to answer for.
I would want to see evidence that we have inflated our income, or deceived the authorities.

To be honest, given the trajectory that UEFA were taking with City, would we have been wrong had we tried to deceive UEFA? It has never felt like a neutral regime.

Remember that UEFA changed the rules of the assessment and from that point onwards the gloves were off. The trouble is I doubt whether there is a court to resolve issues of fairness and justice in the way that most people would understand it.

We may win the case, and I don't care how but the best thing the fans can do is retain a bit of independence and not just fold because you see red guilty signs everywhere.

Someone give me a update !!!

On tea break at work and ain’t got time to catch up , how’s it gone from everyone being confident to shitting their pants in 24 hours ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.