Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Brilliant footage again Kaz - accompanied with very lovely narration............ ;-)
I forget people are going to listen it ha,it is tricky getting them because I can't open the window because they run away,they have trust to come right up the top but only if stay completely out of sight,that is why it special to see and hear then

I think it was three.
Cheers.
They can have up to 7 young at a time and may have 2 or 3 clutches between May and August...that of course would only be when food (seeds and insects) are plentiful...remains to be seen if any songbirds have multiple broods this year.
I very much doubt it.

That may explain why we have seen at the Niger seed feeder youngsters with no colouring feeding alongside youngsters with wing colouring but no red head stripe yet and adults.

I thought I knew what the badger version of catnip is but stand aside granary,fruit bread is where it's at,I have never seen a proper fight before,more than the occasional handbags

Just sat outside enjoyi g dinner in the back garden when I noticed my cat sniffing the air. Looked around and a little skunk walked within ten feet of us and planted itself in a big bush, took a while for it to leave but can still smell the damn thing

I’m devastated!
One of the baby goldfinches we have watched being brought to the feeder, first as a fluffy grey ball and then gradually more coloured as it’s feathers dev3loped just killed itself flying head on into the patio window.
Horrible isn't it, pigeons have a bad habit of doing that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.