Tommy Doyle | On loan at Wolves

Annoyed me that last night when he came on the commentators mentioned his 2 grandads having played for us.

Neither knew who they were

McPointy then said, that both must be so proud.

Imagine if it was the grandson of 2 liverpool players, never mind legends.

Know your stuff

Really good to see Tommy make his debut at the age of 18 years. It just occurred to me that I saw his grandad, Glyn Pardoe ,make his debut at the age of 15. Bloody Hell I really am an old fart.
Me too.
Who’d have thought one of our finest ever defenders started out as a centre forward!

Annoyed me that last night when he came on the commentators mentioned his 2 grandads having played for us.

Know your stuff
Born in 1971 and 1972 respectively, so there is no real reason for them to know about Glyn and Mike, I know Mike played into the 80's but he wasn't with us after 1978. I'm 58 but I don't remember many footballers from when I was 7 unless they played for City (or were internationals).

Every time he plays for city it is his debut, how many do you get these days? He may get another debut in August.

Born in 1971 and 1972 respectively, so there is no real reason for them to know about Glyn and Mike, I know Mike played into the 80's but he wasn't with us after 1978. I'm 58 but I don't remember many footballers from when I was 7 unless they played for City (or were internationals).
True, but they at least should know that they are no longer with us.

True, but they at least should know that they are no longer with us.
If they don't know of them in the first place, why would they know that ? They probably only researched Tommy last night when his name appeared on the team sheet.

We all know because they are blues, Mike died 9 years ago, and OK Glyn only a few weeks ago, but while they are our legends, unless they were superstars why would people know about old players from a club they don't support ?

Know your stuff

yes I noticed that..

If they’d researched it properly could have mentioned something along the lines of Glyn’s recent passing and how proud he would have been etc

Not seen much of him until the last 20 min. Like McManaman said in commentary last night we hope he is at the club for his talent rather than his name and sentimental reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.