Is it time to say goodbye

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep;
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand;
But don't let grief then stay your hand.
For this day more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years;
What is to come can hold no fears.
You don't want me to suffer so
The time has come, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend,
But please stay with me 'til the end
To hold me close and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree,
It was a kindness done for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I'm saved.

Please do not grieve that it was you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

My greyhound was the only dog lve had whose date of birth l knew from his racing papers. I looked him up and although he wasnt a duffer he was retired before he was three. Thankfully he was given to the greyhound rescue and did not suffer the horrors that some get. He was a big and lazy softarse but fast when he wanted. A bit like David White.
I saw some programmes about Staffies and similar dogs and scrotes who get dogs and soon get fed up of them and the RSPCA kennels at Warrington was full of them so being a sucker for a sob story lve got one of them now. Perhaps a discarded Cane Corso next;)

If you're ever looking for the history of a greyhound again try Greyhound-Data.com
Tattoos in both ears is Irish born. Tattoos in one means English. Your grey probably was retired due to injury at that age I'd think. So many are badly abused. We had one boy called Witches Bravo in kennels, lovely dog but he'd been so badly treated he would run to the back of his kennel and cower in terror against the wall when anyone especially a man entered, his whole body shook. It took me months to gain his trust and only if I was the other side of the bars. He used to like to play tug with the cuffs of my sweatshirts and he ripped quite a few off completely it was like a light had come on with him for a little while with that game. He found a lovely home in the end and lived out his life there in peace. Well done for doing what you do.

If you're ever looking for the history of a greyhound again try Greyhound-Data.com
Tattoos in both ears is Irish born. Tattoos in one means English. Your grey probably was retired due to injury at that age I'd think. So many are badly abused. We had one boy called Witches Bravo in kennels, lovely dog but he'd been so badly treated he would run to the back of his kennel and cower in terror against the wall when anyone especially a man entered, his whole body shook. It took me months to gain his trust and only if I was the other side of the bars. He used to like to play tug with the cuffs of my sweatshirts and he ripped quite a few off completely it was like a light had come on with him for a little while with that game. He found a lovely home in the end and lived out his life there in peace. Well done for doing what you do.
Cheers mate. Its nice to be nice - something that gets forgotten on here.
I got him from the Greyhound Rescue Society West of England. I had been told that when some of them get dumped on the streets some twats cut off their ears to get rid of the tattoo to avoid being traced.
I collected him from a kennels on the far side of Nantwich and they showed me how to look up his form and even a video of him winning which made me feel proud even though it was in the past!
He raced a lot at Belle Vue and his racing name was Noir. ...City! Noir featured a lot in his parentage and l think there was some Salford connection.
His daily name was Sweeney. Somehow he became McSweeney which contracted nicely to Max.
A great shame as l only had him for less than three years.
Prior to him was a lovely yellow collie cross like Lassie. His name was Nietzsche although the NCDL changed that to Meacher so he stayed as that. His owner had gone into care and l think he had been kicked as he was very afraid of feet and stepping over him always worried him.
As a result of adopting dogs who get the snip
Its always strange in Greece to see nearly all dogs with balls.

Joe our old boy raced at Shelbourne, Ireland, Brighton and Portsmouth and ended up stray in Cardiff, Sergio ran at Swindon and then a flapping track before hand in. Having ears cut off is fairly rare now as it's a requirement for dogs running on licenced track to be chipped. It's a different story on flapping tracks (unlicensed). I deal with trainers/owners wanting to hand dogs in, some very good some very callous but at least they try to hand in, many just kill unwanted dogs. The downside is that it costs as little as £10 to have a dog killed illegally and its papers falsified to show adoption. I've had only had one dog with his ears mutilated, some wanker had tried to cut his ears into points like Doberman dogs in America then tied him to a fence at the side of a road in freezing, snowy conditions. We've got five new dogs coming in from Perry Barr track this week and a few potential homes lined up but it never ends. Why anyone wastes money on betting on the dogs is beyond me because it's so bent. A champion breeder confirmed that for me.

I lost my dog earlier in the year and was really struggling with getting another, was in my dads and he said to me that every day a good dog owner does'nt have one they are depriving a dog of a good home. I got a rescue locally soon after, akita/collie, I am his fifth home and he is only fourteen months but hes a great dog, very boisterous and high energy.
Really well done to all who take a rescue in.
My thoughts are with the OP and hope they get through their grief then give a new dog a good home.

Henry the dog has just turned 18 and all he does now is eat fart and sleep.......Had his pal Rosie put down a couple of years ago also aged 18.
One of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make but I know I did the right thing

My dog is around 15 now, you can tell he’s aging but he hasn’t shown any symptoms that he’s getting very unwell in terms on appetite,energy etc. But recently he’s been throwing up yellow bile quite often... taking him to the vets Monday but has anyone experienced this before with their dog?

My dog is around 15 now, you can tell he’s aging but he hasn’t shown any symptoms that he’s getting very unwell in terms on appetite,energy etc. But recently he’s been throwing up yellow bile quite often... taking him to the vets Monday but has anyone experienced this before with their dog?
My old dog did this a while back and me and mrs thought the worst after 3 days he was back to normal seemed to be bit ov a bug our next step would of been the vet tho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.