Tommy Doyle | On loan at Wolves

Born in 1971 and 1972 respectively, so there is no real reason for them to know about Glyn and Mike, I know Mike played into the 80's but he wasn't with us after 1978. I'm 58 but I don't remember many footballers from when I was 7 unless they played for City (or were internationals).

Bollocks

A good commentator knows their stuff.

Tyler, Motson and others would

If they don't know of them in the first place, why would they know that ? They probably only researched Tommy last night when his name appeared on the team sheet.

We all know because they are blues, Mike died 9 years ago, and OK Glyn only a few weeks ago, but while they are our legends, unless they were superstars why would people know about old players from a club they don't support ?

You are giving them far too much credit, he may not support City but he did play for us. They are paid pundits they should know their trade, it’s been all over the media for the last year or so.

Bollocks

A good commentator knows their stuff.

Tyler, Motson and others would
Tyler I think you are giving too much credit (that said any credit for him is too much). Motty on the other hand was a professional and researched the teams he was commenting on.
Sadly the professional football commentators have been replaced by ex player fan boys from specific clubs.

Annoyed me that last night when he came on the commentators mentioned his 2 grandads having played for us.

Neither knew who they were

McPointy then said, that both must be so proud.

Imagine if it was the grandson of 2 liverpool players, never mind legends.

Know your stuff

Another day, another blue getting needlessly upset by the slightest of things.

he was one the young player city fast tract in the youth levels and played him up 2 levels for his age group and looks a good talent

mancheter city will never get credit for youth players we produce from the system past or presents ? its this united thing in the media and busby baby's and class of 92 shit ? but i would like to bet man city have produce more young players than united ? but at united they get this shining best player since tag and world class for a couple of seasons then fall away fast and next thing playing non-league

Annoyed me that last night when he came on the commentators mentioned his 2 grandads having played for us.

Neither knew who they were

McPointy then said, that both must be so proud.

Imagine if it was the grandson of 2 liverpool players, never mind legends.

Know your stuff
And related to Alan Oakes through marriage(?) (Glyn Pardoes cousin)

1,278 appearances for City between the 3 of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.