Funniest comment you’ve heard at a City game

I took my lads to their first City game about 10 years ago aged 5 and 6 & they were very excited about the whole thing (2 funny things I always remember): as we walked to the stadium, they saw this old guy with a Sainsbury's shopping trolley - he was selling flags, scarves that sort of thing... my older lad asked me if this was the club shop!

After the initial excitement of the game war off - and a pie at half-time, the game was still 0:0 with like fifteen minutes left. My lad asked me in a pretty loud voice, "do we get our money back if nobody scores?" all the City fans around us had funny comments to make about that!

A minute later Micah Richards scored! It was Reading in the Cup - just googled it.

Wasnt at a game but was watching City at a childrens home i used to work at in Tampa.

City were at home to Newcastle and the kids were popping in and out of the house watching for a few mins and clearing off outside. One kid watches for a few minutes and then asks....
Why are all those umpires running around chasing the ball?

Actually just recalled when i took my grandkids to the Bournemouth home game last season, their first game.
My granddaughter then 8 asked who was the man in the green / black shirt. I asked if she played netball at school and she said yes. I said "well you will have a referee with a whistle...."
"Oh no, thats just a teacher....."
"So, the man in the green / black shirt is just like a teacher...."

Last edited:
I remember standing on the Kippax in the early 90s and a guy next to me shouted ‘you talented bastard Megson’ to Gary Megson.

Full Members Cup Final at Wembley, and whilst waiting for the teams, it slowly becomes apparent that a number of Chelsea fans have infiltrated the City end.

The bloke next to me, confides IT'S GONNA KICK-OFF IN A MINUTE

An oldish guy turns round, and replies in a broad Australian accent.
NAH...3 O'CLOCK MATE!

Losing 1-0 at home to a very average Southampton side contains nobody really other than an overweight Neil Ruddock and the aggressive Terry Hurlock. A voice on the Kippax booms out “f***ing hell City you are losing to Ruddock and a gypsy” Not very PC by current standards, but on the day it was both funny and true.

Many years ago my mate, whose dad was friendly with the directors, got us tickets to sit in the directors box in the Main Stand. We were 14 at the time and I was on my best behaviour.

Five minutes into the game some bigwig came in with a much younger, glamorous model-type in a big fur coat. Their late arrival meant that people in front of us had to get up to let them get to their seats much to the annoyance of my mate who shouted "Hoi you, pawn your coat and buy a fucking watch"

A steward came and had a word.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.