#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubtful he will take the record. That's 3 assists away and the conversion rate of the chances he creates is like, what, 1 in 5? He'll need to create at least 15, maybe 20 goal scoring chances while he won't play 90 mins in each of the remaining games.

Kun's injury will cost him.

Hope there's a penalty in the last minute and he passes it to Sterling, who scores. Assist against Arsenal was so unfairly taken from him.

I wonder if the club have made any efforts to get the assist for Sterling’s goal in the 3-0 win at the Emirates awarded to him? It’s absolutely ridiculous that it hasn’t been given just because it took a slight deflection. It’s at 10:55 in this video -

Also, have they gone back and checked each of Henry's 20 assists 17 years ago? None got a deflection?

I find the rules put in place for awarding of an assist overly harsh. If someone has a shot that goes in via a deflection, the shooter gets the goal awarded to them as long the ball was originally on target, even if without the deflection it was pretty clear that the keeper would have saved the shot. Why an assist isn't awarded when the ball reaches its intended target is beyond me. The KDB passes in both games v Arsenal went to their intended target, there can't be any debate over that as in both instances Sterling was the only player in the vicinity.

Also, have they gone back and checked each of Henry's 20 assists 17 years ago? None got a deflection?
I didn't see any, but feel free to check.

PS. The amount of space defenders gave attacking teams back then was an absolute joke, it's almost hard to compare what Henry did to the kind of unpicking a box with 10 defenders that KDB does, just completely different skills.

Also fair warning this features 7 goals against City and Dunne have a very bad day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.