UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the information in the public domain, it's difficult to see how the Adjudicatory Chamber can be so sure that the club actually did what the AC found us guilty of. But the AC is composed of serious and reputable individuals so I also find myself questioning whether there might not be evidence we don't know about - I find it hard to think they'd issue a sanction that would simply fall apart at the first sign of independent scrutiny.

So basically I don't know. I'm waiting for the CAS ruling to maybe cast light on how events took the course they did.

I’m not wholly surprised by the AC’s verdict. The content of those emails, context or no context, looked absolutely damning in my opinion. However, I am minded to believe that UEFA has nothing else but those emails. Der Spiegel is too much of a self-righteous zealot of a publication to have done what the Guardian did to Dominic Cummings by holding back information. They’d have wanted to get it all out there in one excited, over dramatised splurge. The circle jerk to end all circle jerks.
What concerns me, and what has always concerned me, is that City may not have evidence that specifically negates the direct inference of those emails, and that the AC apportioned more weight to that fact than they did our audited accounts in going for a balance of probability decision. Guess work of course on my part, but either way I hope CAS takes a less subjective approach....

Last edited:
Just spoken to someone at City who is involved in the planning for next season and I was told everyone from top to bottom are confident we have done nothing wrong and will be playing in the champions league next season. Nothing new I know, but maybe calm a few nerves as we get nearer the announcement.
I hope you are telling the truth and not being a wum.

I've typed Manchester city CAS appeal result 2020 into Google. I'm just going to hit refresh every 15 minutes. If the determination was sent electronically, with our IT security, I'll be one of the first to know.

you should try a setting up a google alert instead. no more refeshing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.