4k TVs

You any closer to making a decision yet? After some umming and ahhing I'm looking for a 50"; 55" isn't going to comfortably fit in the space we have. I understand that 55" there is a jump in quaity to what you can get but we wouldn't be going absoluate top end anyway. We're sitting about 7ft away which again I understand means we don't necessarily get all the benefits and I guess would have to upgrade my sky package anyway to get 4k content (which I probably will).

Anyway, leaning towards an LG but won't know till i've had a look at some in the flesh. Will probably go to my nearest open Currys this week to see them before ordering from Richer Sounds.
Look at the Panasonics. The picture is very good and sound too

Just in the process of building an extension which will be a bit of a gaming room. Going to put a ps5 in there when they come out, new TV, sky q etc. One thing i was wondering about is HDMI 2.1 and what the requirements / benefits are to that? Is it a necessity? Does it require specific cables etc? Anyone know in laymans terms?
jst get hdmi cables that have premium certifed on them have a look at Amazon basics they do good cheap ones, do not get conned into buying £50 cables

Xyu7d4W.jpg

5jQZuty.jpg

MEdwb5d.jpg

aH5KvbK.jpg

Faulty screen and no more available so replacing with 2020 Q7 T. Result.

Last edited:
Anyone recommend a good TV for gaming, netflix, football. Looking to spend between £5-800, 55"ish, will be wall mounted with sofa about 10 foot away.

Anyone recommend a good TV for gaming, netflix, football. Looking to spend between £5-800, 55"ish, will be wall mounted with sofa about 10 foot away.

Samsung 4k TVs are spot on and fit your budget. Had a Samsung 4k curve TV (about 50") and it's been great for sport, films, Netflix series and gaming.

At first we were quite wowed by it (our previous TV was a 32" LG and was 10 years old), got use to it now like but crystal clear. I'm sure you can do this with any phone but my samsung links up to it via smartshare so I can watch the football on BT on TV from the phone app (I use my dad's log in).

Samsung 4k TVs are spot on and fit your budget. Had a Samsung 4k curve TV (about 50") and it's been great for sport, films, Netflix series and gaming.

At first we were quite wowed by it (our previous TV was a 32" LG and was 10 years old), got use to it now like but crystal clear. I'm sure you can do this with any phone but my samsung links up to it via smartshare so I can watch the football on BT on TV from the phone app (I use my dad's log in).

The Samsung I’ve just ordered has the by app installed

Just in the process of building an extension which will be a bit of a gaming room. Going to put a ps5 in there when they come out, new TV, sky q etc. One thing i was wondering about is HDMI 2.1 and what the requirements / benefits are to that? Is it a necessity? Does it require specific cables etc? Anyone know in laymans terms?
Well for the game console you’ll need cables that have 18Gbps/600MHz support, both 4K60 444 8b and 4K60 422 12b will use that bandwidth, especially in DV60 and HDR.
Even the 4K Apple TV when playing DV without the match frame rate option will also output 4K60 422 12b for LLDV and 4K60 RGB 8b for normal DV, and both are 600MHz/18Gbps.
Also your cables should be around 6 foot in length - shorter ones have emi issues and longer ones integrity issues.

Anyone used ambient lighting attachements that go on the back of the telly? My son is asking about them and they do look good on the adverts, but i have my doubts about the reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.